What's new

Not very happy with SVS... (1 Viewer)

SVS-Ron

Screenwriter
Thanks Mike, I'd forgotten just how backed up the PB2-Plus was on intro, you are the KING of waiting for SVS.

The most painful part for us in the company is that our goals remain 48 hours from order to ship. We have added staff, flogged suppliers, bought a factory and we've slipped behind during Chirstmas and are only now starting to reduce the wait times.

We really do appreciate your patience, and rest assured not a day, hell, not an hour goes by without us working additional ways to keep everyone's wait to the bare minimum.

One bit of good news, the first PB1-Plus subs shipped today. There will still be a delay (now till next week) on last minute issues on the PB2-Ultra but it's the last of the trio of new subs launched in JAN/FEB.

Ron

John Wielgosz

Stunt Coordinator

Oh, don't get me wrong. As soon as I confirmed that my initial 'only by ear' calibration was hot, I turned the gain down enough to register between 74-75db. Maybe still a bit hot considering the sensitivity loss, but not as much out of line as before.

The burden isn't purely on the 16-46, I have a Velodyne CT-100 (my former main sub) sitting in my former secondary sub's spot. The bulk of the LFE output is on the 16-46, but it has some assistance above the 27 hz level or so...

I'm still working on placement for a bit flatter response, a nudge here or there...

It looks like the shakers are going to stay off, or reduced to a lower level. Quite frankly, I think the 16-46 is insulted by their presence. :)

AxelKro

Stunt Coordinator
Hi Ron,

Hey, great!
As I ordered even before the Pre-Order phase started, my shipment cannot be too much behind in the queue now, right?
Maybe tomorrow ready for shipping? :)

Eagerly waiting...

Axel

MikeLi

Supporting Actor
Yea Ron... I think I must be king of waiting but it was well worth it. Some of these guys need to take a chill pill and wait it out as they will not understand how good they will have it once it finally gets there.

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
Good old AxelKro. Still waiting on your sub. You will be glad in the not so distant future and you will have to be sure and do a review for us? It would be nice to hear what you think.

AxelKro

Stunt Coordinator
Hi Steve,

yeah, would like to do a review for sure. I'm in discussion with SVS now since May 2003, I cannot remember of any other HiFi equipment in my lifetime which took that long between thinking of it and getting it....
Most of the time was spent on the decision which one to take, but in december the final model was choosen and they shall be in now soon.

I do not expect wonders though as I already had other subwoofers and think I know how they will support the sound. However, one can never know it for real w/o having placed them in.

{wait} ... {wait} ... :frowning:

Jai

Agent
Hey Johhny, take this time to clean all the books and stuff off of those shelves in your theater. And then again it may be fun seeing what tracks will topple it with your new air mover! Anything from SVS is worth the wait! ENJOY!

charlie o

Stunt Coordinator
This sucks. Just e mailed svs and they say it will be 1-2 more weeks till they ship my pb2+. Do other subwoofer companys have this problem? I hate waiting.

Garrett Lundy

Senior HTF Member
Would you be happier if you called your subwoofer company to hear:

"Yeah we can send that out today, we've got hundreds of the things in the warehouse, nobody seems to want to buy them".?

MikeLi

Supporting Actor
I am tired of hearing all the whining about waiting... like I said I am the king of waiting... 6 months back in the old days. You guys want a super sub, be alittle patient. There is a reason for the wait, everbody wants one.. That ought to tell you something.

Nick Laho

Grip
Hi everybody. I just bought a PB1-ISD yesterday evening and I was wondering how long do you think i'll have to wait? I don't mind waiting, but it would be good to have even a rough estimate. :)

Robert*S

Stunt Coordinator
On Thursday (19 Feb) my 22-31PCi arrived! First off this thing is BIG! The UPS guy asked me what it was and when I mentioned it was a subwoofer his eyes nearly fell out of this head.
Once I got the sub unboxed and calibrated I put in Ep 1.
Holy Cr@p!! This thing shook me and that was just the THX intro! The pod race was incredible! From there I played the sock scene for Monsters Inc about 7 times smiling even more each time, then to Darla tapping the tank. WOW!! Next up Toy Story 2. The intro is fantastic. Morpheus' knee drop in the Matrix was next and by that time I was grinning like a little kid in a candy shop. I am still demoing scenes 2 days later. I have never heard such clean, powerful bass before. As everyone mentioned it was worth the wait!!
The strange thing is now my other 7 speakers (I am running a 7.1 system) sound even better as well, no more muddy bass obscuring the mains and surrounds! My last sub was a Sony SA-WM40 which is a great sub but it does not compare to the SVS. Thank you Ron, Tom, and Erik! Great customer service and support! Also big thanks to everyone here at HTF (and the Spot) for all the positive reviews, that helped me decide to buy a sub without hearing it first. :)

rob.

Sorry for the long post, but this sub is great!!

Ron Stimpson

Stunt Coordinator
Nick,

Should be no more than a week, two at the most. We're continually running batches of them, but orders seem to keep just ahead of production. We'd much prefer there be NO wait, so we're still working on ways to achieve that.

We've been offering the custom color subs (done in another cabinet shop but identical to the black except for finish) for the same $599 price if you find one of them you like (they can ship in a day or two, it's just black that we're often out of).

Robert,

I think I mentioned that the PCi would be a rather substantial upgrade over the Sony. I'm always glad to be right ;^) I think in a short time the 25-31PCi will tend to "dissapear" in your theater area. I know people walk by mine all the time and never even notice it. The cylinders have a way of doing that.

Thanks for the kind words in any case. It makes workings nights and weekends too all worthwhile.

Ron

Ron Stimpson

Stunt Coordinator
Kosmo,

Still running around a 2 week wait on them. Demand has just kept ahead of supply no matter how much we whip the enclosure shop.

Maybe we should just raise the price?

Nah, that'd make things too easy. ;^)

Ron

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation821
Recent bookmarks