What's new

North American DVD Experience? (1 Viewer)

Joel Vardy

Supporting Actor
Anyone out there with recent North American DVD experiences? I believe they are Toronto-based and ship mostly to US customers. They seem to come up consistently as one of the cheapest prices for DVD's according to dvdpricesearch.com.

A couple of things seem to concern me (even though with a $69.99 price for Ken Burns' Civil War series boxset they are by far the cheapest on that title):

- they don't show shipping charges before you submit your order online. I've seen some complaints that the shipping is 'only an estimate' and therefore shows up on the credit card significantly different from what is expected (they charge boxsets for each of the contained DVD's so that a set like the Civil War series comes up to $5.85 -- though still a good overall price compared to others).
- they don't seem to have several of the Criterion titles I'm most interested in such as Rahomon (they emailed me that they don't carry it).
- they're supposed to have 'free shipping' for 10+ titles this month till 9/30 according to dvdpricesearch.com though their site does not have any evidence of this promotion and so far have not responded to email inquiries about it.

Any experience from this forum would be very welcome. I might experiment with a single order but some of comments I read about this site even make me nervous about any credit card transactions with these folks...

- Joel

Jeff_A

Screenwriter
I have had only one shopping experience with them and it was my last. My in-stock order took over three weeks to be delivered. I realize Canadian mailings take some time, but that was extremely excessive. Also, they never replied to any of the four inquiries I made during that time period.
Funny, they were only $.75 cheaper than their closest competition on that particular item. Was it worth the headache? Not even close! :thumbsdown:

That is my story. :)

Magnus T

Supporting Actor
Being located in Canada, does anybody know if they ship DVD's with billingual covers, Universal titles for example?

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
and so far have not responded to email inquiries about it
I never got any response to an inquiry I once sent them about shipping charges for boxed sets. Between that and the refusal to disclose shipping charges prior to purchase, I won't use them.

M.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks