What's new

nOrh (and other comparable speakers) questions (1 Viewer)

Hello all,
I have finally almost decided on 4.0 ceramics as a 5.1 set for my new home's den. First, I would like help on deciding on a color. Since it is hard to tell from the Norh website exactly how the colors look, I would love input from anyone who has seen or owns these speakers. I will have cherry-colored hardwood floors, khaki walls with white mouldings. I am having cherry-stained solid oak stands built (fillable with sand for extra stability). My interior theme is very neutral, but I am very into an arts-and-crafts/ mission style of decor and will be progressing in that direction. I am leaning towards the celedon green for this reason, but love the looks of the cobalt blue, the black is always a winner, and the white is very neutral and pretty. See my dilemma?

What other speakers should I be considering in this price range? I am also considering the Aperion Audio system, as well as Ascend Acoustics (though they really don't fit my criteria as they are not exactly attractive or different-looking, one reason I'm buying new speakers is to get away from black boxes).

PLEASE help me out, I have to decide this week!

Thanks-
Tommy

MarkO

Second Unit
Tommy, I cant help you with the colors but you're choice in Norh is a good one. Im a Sonus Faber fan myself,but my friend has a norh 2 channel set up and it sound incredible for the price. I was really amazed by them.

Tim Hoover

Screenwriter
I've got 4.0 ceramics all around in my HT. I went with black because, well, that was all they had in stock when I placed my order and I didn't want to wait... I think the white would look very nice if you have matching or complementary stands. I have several pieces of marble furniture and wish I'd gotten the white. Since your interior is already neutral, you may want to add a bit of color.

One thing about the nOrh speakers: before they break in, they are pretty harsh and midrangey. Mine opened up nicely after about a week.

Tyson

Stunt Coordinator
I'm selling my marble 9.0's and 4.0'sfrom my HT for a good price - the marble looks better than the ceramic, and they are much better performers. Email me or pm me if you want pictures.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks