1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

no wifi built in? Samsung PN64D550

Discussion in 'Displays' started by JeffRome, Jun 21, 2011.

1. JeffRome

JeffRome Member

What exactly does this mean in real use at home? I can still stream through a Blue Ray DVD player, right? If I have no interest in hooking up directly to a computer, is this at all important? Is it going to be necessary for a TV in the near (nest few years) future? I don't intend to game with it--right now I just watch movies, TV, and stream Netflix.

Any experience with this TV? I guess I'm trying to decide on this or the PN64 D7000 or 8000 series--but they are several hundred dollars more.

2. JeffRome

JeffRome Member

If we decide to add wifi later, can we?

3. Jason Charlton

Jason Charlton Ambassador

Jason Charlton
    Not every device in your system needs to have streaming capability. It comes down to the services you want. If you find a single device that streams all the services that you want (be it TV, Blu-Ray player, Receiver, something else) then you should be all set.

I doubt you'll be able to "add" wi-fi capability to a device that doesn't currently offer it.

Sorry I can't offer any advice particular to the TVs you mentioned - I'm not familiar with them.