What's new

NO WAY!! SVS+Onix for $950?? WOW! (1 Viewer)

Dr. Anthony Rosalia

Stunt Coordinator
Introducing our new speaker configuration utility.

THE PLASMADOCS 5.1 MIGHTY SVS ELT ROCKET COMBO

NOW $950 SAVE $229

[url=http://www.plasmadocs.com/v-web/store/images/medium/mightyrocket51_MED.jpg] [/url]

THE PLASMADOCS 7.1 MIGHTY SVS ELT ROCKET COMBO
NOW $1128 SAVE $297

[url=http://www.plasmadocs.com/v-web/store/images/mightyrocket71.jpg] [/url]

These utilities allows you to mate any SVS subwoofer with Onix Rocket ELT 5.0 and ELT 7.0 systems to make a custom made system of your choice. These prices are outrageous so order yours for the holiday for that special someone.

This base system has the best subwoofer available in a compact size the new SVS PB10-ISD that can belt out 110 dB reference level sound at bone shaking bass. It's rated down to 18 Hz folks! Now mate this with Onix one of the best speaker manufacturers and you have a killer combo on your hands.

HTF MEMBERS with coupon code "svsrocketxmas" will receive a $25 gift certificate to give to their loved ones or use it yourself on a future purchase of $300 or more. Please allow 24 hrs to receive you gift certificate during business days.

May Everyone Have a Happy Holiday from Everyone at PlasmaDocs.com and eCommerce Consortium Inc!

New Holiday Hours at PlasmaDocs.com

Now open now 9:30am-6pm M-F Saturday hours 9:30am-5pm until Christmas!! Closed Christmas Day and Monday 12/27. Please email or Private Message us all day long as we are always getting our mail and respond usually quickly.

Thanks again HTF for making us #1 in Home Theater Values This Holiday Season. We love ya! :D

Dr. Anthony Rosalia

Stunt Coordinator
David

We sell the entire SVS line. They can be mated to any system with great results.

What system would you recommend us to mate with this particular SVS sub?

Any input would be appreciated :)

Thanks.

Dr. Anthony Rosalia

Stunt Coordinator
Excellent System Indeed!

That is like comparing apples and oranges. :)

We are in the process of acquiring many more speaker lines, but we haven't considered German made equipment recently, although I must admit I have loved the cars for years :) There are so many different brands available today. Onix makes some very nice speakers at very nice price points here in the states, especially the RS750SE and RS850 that should be in that league. We have yet to acquire higher level speakers as we have just started out. We are always looking for speakers of incredible value.

We value your opinion and appreciate your input.

I think the PB10-ISD play's deep and good enough to sell it with the Canton ERGO System or something else in this League!
Don't you think?

David

Dr. Anthony Rosalia

Stunt Coordinator
David

What I mean is that your system costs more and is much larger than the less expensive ELT system we have for sale. The comparison is unfair based on that criteria. :) The PB10-ISD is a speaker that is worth two to three times its price and can compliment any system except those that are much larger where we feel the PB12-ISD/2 or PC+ or Ultra systems would be better suited. I don't know ANY sub for $429 that can go down to 18 Hz and has a 300 watt bash amp. If there is, we would love to see someone do a review as it would be great.

Kenneth

If you like the bose systems, why not look at a company called orbaudio. They have incredible small round speakers much like Anthony Gallo but at prices that are amazing. We are in negotiations with them to carry their line. Until such time as we do, go check them out at http://www.orbaudio.com We feel they are much better than the bose cubes at a much better price and look cool :) If you do happen to order from them, say hello to Ethan for us and let him know we sent you :)

We are always looking for incredible values, especially the net based companies who have items that are much better than conventional equipment at incredible prices. If anyone knows of some good items that they would like us to sell or you are a manufacturer of home theater electronics or equipment, an installation company, or a home theater calibration company we would love to hear from you guys.

I understand...but in a mid size room the PB10 would also fit to my Canton Speakers.

I'll get my PB-10 in about 2weeks then I can say if he is good enough to play with my CANTON ERGO speakers.

The RC-L goes down to real 30Hz@ -3dB(measured),thats really deep!!!

I can't really believe that the PB10 goes deeper at the output of the RC-L (about 102dB @ 40Hz)but we'll see... ;)

David

Dr. Anthony Rosalia

Stunt Coordinator
We would love to hear your findings when it does arrive.

Here is an unbiased review http://www.hometheaterhifi.com/volum...r-10-2004.html

Having personally owned and measured SVS subs, we have zero doubt that they will achieve what they state. They often under-rate their equipment actually. Their equipment is the best in consistency and workmanship we feel. :) And if it doesn't live up to your expectations they and we offer a 100% money back guarantee with zero restocking fees. That is confidence! Not many people EVER return their subs, actually. We have yet to receive a single return.

Prepare yourself for something wild. When we first heard an SVS, both of us said WOW and that was on an underpowered CS with a 150 watt amp. Then we heard a 25-31 PCi that we bought and went WHOA! You CAN hear the difference from a 35-40 Hz cutoff to a 25-16 Hz one. Every amp is custom tuned for optimal output. It's like the difference between hearing and feeling the music or material. I'll never forget that first grin or when we put it head to head with a Martin Logan Descent (25-31 PCI). The SVS didn't totally kill it, but wow from a sub that was their SMALLEST sub at the time at a fraction of the Descent's cost. All SVS subs are amazing. It was actually better in many respects than the Decent, with price as it's #1 asset. You will see what we mean. Every SVS owner knows what we are talking about. As a scientist, I was very skeptical at first but became such a true believer, that we sell only one separate sub brand: SVS. I haven't found a company that is truly better, sells more sub variety or is more truthful in advertising than SVS.

I don't think that I'll be so surprised because I heared really good subwoofers like the Infinity Kappa Sub or the Canton Ergo AS2 and I think these subs have more max. Output than a PB10-ISD. . .do you really think the PB10 has a chance against the Kappa or the AS2? With which subs have you compared the PB10(No SVS)?

Do you know if the PB10 makes port noises at any level or freq.???

David

Dr. Anthony Rosalia

Stunt Coordinator
I honestly have not heard a Canton Ergo AS2 sub so I am not qualified to comment. We also have not had a head to head with any Infinity subs. I am very confident that the PB10-ISD will blow away anything in its price range. It has an almost ruler flat response from 19-150 Hz independently measured +/- 1 dB. That in itself is better than any sub in that range to my knowledge, even HSU. Looking at the specs of the Ergo AS2 and the Kappa, I cannot imagine that it wouldn't compete fairly well in comparison if not exceed them. The Kappa is rated at 200 watts and has a 25 Hz cutoff and the Ergo is rated at 250 watts and 20 Hz cutoff. The SVS Bash amp is rated at 300 watts and 18 Hz cutoff. Bash amps are almost bulletproof and SVS almost always under-rates their output, so the amp most likely can put out more than 300 watts. With 500+ damping factors they react almost instantaneously to music or explosive input, way better than most amps.

According to the specs of this speaker comparison, the SVS apparently has more wattage and is rather efficient so I don't think that it should be beaten. I have no other empirical data to back that up without a side by side scientific comparison. Since this is such a new model, we have not had a chance to compare it to any subs yet. Tom and Ron at SVS would be the best to comment on that.

Also, there is no port noise to my knowledge. At maximum output, some compression has been noted but no noise or clipping, just pure sound. Most other subs break up or clip with distortion. Contribute that to excellent engineering and only use of the finest components. :)

Whenever you design a subwoofer, there are always some compromises. SVS has not broken the laws of physics, but properly engineered components to minimize the typical problems inherent in normal subwoofer design. Anyone can design a sub that pumps out 40 -60 Hz tones that sound boomy up to 110 dB. Those subs may sound horrible with music but great with home theater. SVS sounds great with all music sources. Most subwoofers don't go down to the depths of most SV subs because they cannot or are not designed to. To get down to 18Hz, real magic has to be massaged into a sub and amp combination to output bass that low and play loud and accurate. That is SV Subwoofers trademark: Low, Loud and Controlled sound. Most mass produced cheaper subs cannot keep up but may play louder in upper frequencies. When you sit down for extended listening sessions, you will find that ultimate SPL output is not all that important. When that 20 Hz tone shakes your room, the output of a lesser sub at higher frequency can't compare. It is addictive, almost drug like and really shocks you. When you hear the most controlled and realistic effects, that need for boom goes out the window. I am not saying that that cannot be had by other manufacturers, just that in that price range I don't see much competition.

Here are some more reviews:
http://reviews.iwon.com/pscAudioRevi...1_2741crx.aspx

Here is a thread
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...hreadid=213595

Dr. Anthony Rosalia

Stunt Coordinator
If you drive any speaker hard enough, it will break. That is just the laws physics we cannot defy. How the electronics deals with loud signals and how the system ultimately represents them has much to do with engineering. A clean sine wave signal is much less likely to damage any speaker than a high distortion low wattage muddy signal. SVS subs are pretty rugged speakers made for earth shaking experiences. High level sine waves probably will just be compressed as the sub reaches it maximum excursion and the electronics limit the movement at the amp. SVS has done a great job without active damping controls like other manufacturers to curb distortion and bottoming.

I will have to ask Ron to comment on the physical limits of this sub and its dynamics, maximal input, etc. As this is a new unit, I think he should field that info. I don't want to give you any incorrect information or give you the wrong impression. :)

I have dropped him a mail to stop by here.

I've asked Tom and he said it will be damaged because of over-heating.

Shit...that means I can never run the PB10 to loud levels because i don't want to destroy my subwoofer!:frowning:

Can you give me your E-mail adress then I'll send you the mails Tom wrote to me.Please write me also what Ron has writen to you.

My E-mail adress: [email protected]

David ;)

AxelKro

Stunt Coordinator
Hi David,

believe me,

before you can break this unit you have to try hard. Harder than you would do, because you don't want to hurt that baby.

Neither music nor movie sound are pure sinewaves, it will become more likely your parents kick you out of their house due to the loudness than you will break that sub :D

- Ax

We talked about over-heating, not about cracking the unit...

I got a mail from plasmadocs and there is no problem with very high levels at any music.

I only wanted to know if the PB10 could get destroyed with a low sine wave(only for a few seconds;) )

I wrote a lot with Tom and i viewed him some new pictures of my room,with the position of the sub(which is only 1m away of my ears :D ) and there the sub can push 112-118dB,that's more than I'll ever hear/feel!

Hey Axel what do you say to test against the Descent?
That would mean that your "Bass-Allianz" ;) would go better than two ML Descents!!!

David

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks