What's new

No Video! (1 Viewer)

crossing23

Grip
Real Name
Marilyn
Guys,
I know nothing about HT. I had everything professionaly installed, (if thats what you want to call it).
I cannot tell you how many people have come to my home for one problem or another...fix what I called them for and then leave me another problem.
This is what I am working with:
Panasonic Plasma 58"
Bose V20
Sony Blu-Ray S300
Motorola Cable Box

Last night I watched a DVD with no problems at all. When my grandson wanted to watch it today, I put it on for him.
All I am getting is the audio....No video. I just watched it last night!
This is how I see they have it hooked up:

From Sony HDMI out to TV HDMI in. Yellow Jack from Sony video out to video in the cable box.
Optical out from Sony to optital in on Bose.

If you need more info please let me know.

Marilyn

troy evans

Screenwriter
Make sure your tv is on the HDMI input. Your tvs remote should have a button that says either "source","input" or "video" press this button a few times to cycle through the tvs video inputs until the picture shows on your tv.

crossing23

Grip
Real Name
Marilyn
Yes, it is on the HDMI input. In fact, I have it all programmed in the harmony remote.:frowning:

Al.Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Al
I don't understand the reason for the composite (yellow) going to the cable box. The manual isn't clear on what happens when you connect two video outputs, but I'm thinking that maybe the DVD player is seeing the low end connection and selecting that signal. Try disconnecting the yellow cable from the Sony and turning the unit on again. Then make sure it's selected the 1080p signal. If it says "auto" and is not working, try manually selecting 1080p. (Next to the "0" on the remote.)

Stephen Tu

Screenwriter
Also, there is more than one HDMI input on most TVs. Make sure you are on the correct one, hitting input on the TV remote might well cycle between "HDMI 1", "HDMI 2", "HDMI 3", etc. Concur with disconnecting the video from the cable box, that is doing nothing. Which model cable box, and how is it connected to the TV? What's the model # of the TV?

It's probably easiest to troubleshoot with the original remotes, not the Harmony, when you are a non-expert, it will avoid confusion.

Then you can reprogram (or find someone to help you reprogram) the Harmony so that it behaves correctly.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks