What's new

No threads for The Black Donnellys? (1 Viewer)

Dean L

Stunt Coordinator
Shocked there are no threads on this highly underrated show.
It was quietly released this week.

Anyone else pick it up? Its listed as having a DTS soundtrack, but on my copy, no DTS. Not a huge concern since the overall soundtrack does not have a very active mix (except the music) but just wondering if no DTS is just on my disc.

Josh_HI

Second Unit
I just have to say I loved this show when it was on.. I really hated that it got canned... Watching it on dvd makes me want it back on tv... But so glad it did get released on dvd.

Bryan Krantz

Stunt Coordinator
This was an interesting show. I would have liked to have seen how things would have developed, but alas NBC's quick cancel strategy strikes again.

BobSchneider

Second Unit
Well Im one quater irish I found the show very insulting. Rolling out the old wasp sterotypes that the irish are homcidal drunken hoodlums, cops or priests and there women are ethier saintly or slutly punching bags, I was shock NBC roll out the show. If same sterotypes in (Black donnelys) this show would have been in about black or mexican americans heads would have rolled at NBC. I wonder if NBC when they run help wanted ads online still use N.I.N.A. code word, because someone in NBC had to hate irish americans to release this thankfully short live sterotype riddled turkey, it sad because there were some good actors wasted on this dreck. And Honestly Im shocked they released the set.:thumbsdown:

Don Giro

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Don
Impulse-blind-bought this on the strong recommendation of a good friend. It's okay, but I find it very hard to get into after watching the first three episodes. I'm sure I'll slog through the rest, and I hope it improves.

However, I do agree (with my friend) that this show might have found an audience if NBC broadcast it after "Heroes" instead of "Deal of No Deal" ("Heroes" was followed by "The Real Wedding Crashers" at the same time "Black Donnellys" was following Howie Mandel...what kind of genius programming is that?).

I guess I can stop looking for the DTS track now...

Scooter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Scooter
GREAT SHOW!!!!! I was really pleased to find out that 14 episodes had been produced. Watched'em all in one sitting...well, the ones I had not seen yet.

I wish the same thing would have been done with "Drive"

Dean L

Stunt Coordinator
Someone has got to pick this up for another season!
FOX or better yet HBO!
Buy the DVD!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks