1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

No Strings Attached - quick review

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Patrick Sun, Jan 22, 2011.

1. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

Natalie Portman (Emma) and Ashton Kutcher (Adam) play 2 people who have known one another since their teen years, but their interactions were limited to infrequent chance meetings. One night, they hook up and they try to see if they can keep it casual as in booty call buddies.

While the script wasn't the strongest, it was nice to see a R-rated movie for this genre of film, and they definitely didn't get cheated when it came to dropping the F-bomb and making the most of the sexual situations at times, but there are some solid laughs here and there, and I liked the chemistry between Portman and Kutcher, and the supporting cast was good (surprised to see Kevin Kline playing Adam's father). Also surprised to see Ivan Reitman in a small cameo, and then it dawned on me that he alway directed this film.

Overall, a pretty decent date movie. I like seeing Portman in contemporary roles where she can be rather "normal" and let loose while connecting with Adam, and Kutcher keeps most of his silly side in check, but he can easily turn it on when needed.

I give it 2.75 stars, or a grade of B-.