What's new

No sound,No Audio- Through receiver???? (1 Viewer)

deadmoney

Auditioning
Real Name
David
I am at my wits end??, I consider myself reasonably intelligent but am stumped here?......I hope you can take the time to figure this out. I have a Panasonic 720p 42" plasma, about 5yrs old, I was using a Pioneer VSX 520 receiver, with a Panasonic BD 110 player running through a Bose 6 speaker acoustimass, to my untrained ear everything was great and worked well and was thus enjoying my Blurays. Disaster!!! a lightning storm, burnt out/destroyed the HDMI inputs/outputs on the receiver, Bluray player. I bought a new LG bluray player (cheap model) and bought a new Denon 1312 receiver. I cannot get any sound or picture when playing the Bluray THROUGH the receiver, though the receiver shows where it is receiving a HDMI signal, If I plug the Bluray player directly into the TV (via HDMI) I get picture and sound but NOT when I put it through the receiver. after much frustration (even calling Denon CS, they were nice but couldn't help) ...wait it gets worse...... I decided for the "time being" to plug the HDMI directly into the TV from the Bluray and used the RCA analog output through the receiver, OK I know I was only going to get stereo but I just wanted to get some semblance of a result. after 90mins of watching Bullitt, the receiver shuts down I am guessing from overheating...*sigh*, let me explain that it is adequately ventilated, (I have builta shelf that gives 10" of space obove the receiver) I live in Jamaica and figured the unit may be bad?.........I decided that there must be some handshake problem?, OK let me borrow a Pioneer VSX 521 (the 520 is an older model and no longer available)......... *sob* same result, no pic or sound through receiver, even if the TV was having a problem surely I would at least get audio?, no? My question in this fiasco, is this, is it possible that the Bluray player is the issue? (despite playing fine when connected direct to the TV). Obviously its not a receiver problem as I have tried 2 new ones from 2 different suppliers, the TV remains, I have changed cables more times than I can mention, so I am left with the player? any thoughts or input would be greatly appreciated Regards David

TheGary

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Gary
The one variable that hasn't changed is your TV. Why don't you try a different tv..

Newbie12

Grip
Real Name
Zac
Let me just share my experience with you that might be the cause... I have a newer 46" HDTV, a newer Samsung Blu Ray and a new Pioneer 921 True HD (tv and blu ray are upper end models). Anyway, I had been watching my movies through my HDMI via my Receiver like you. It all worked great for a couple weeks and then suddenly, no picture but had sound. After many stressful attempts to solve the issue, I finally turned in my receiver to find that it was a blown HDMI 'out' unit. Well, they sent me a brand new one. And now it works great again. How long? I don't know. My point is that you should have your Blu Ray HDMI out plugged into your Receiver HDMI 'in'. Then, From your Receiver HDMI 'out' that will be plugged into your TV's HDMI in. If still it is not working then perhaps your HDMI unit on the receiver it toast. By the way, how new are your HDMI cables?

deadmoney

Auditioning
Real Name
David
well to further information I have about a 30ft run from receiver to TV, ............before you all go AHA!!! its the cable run too long, this SAME 30ft cable when connected Blu-ray- TV works perfectly.....:confused: I have even gone so far as to put the receiver closer and try that with same results......

deadmoney

Auditioning
Real Name
David
TheGary said:
The one variable that hasn't changed is your TV. Why don't you try a different tv..
Thats going to be the last resort, TBH..........I am going with a different BluRay player first.... Regards David

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks