What's new

No sound from TV (1 Viewer)

Real Name
Roy Rogers
I just moved my home theater player onto a stand, when i re hooked it up i am not getting sound from the , when i play a movie the speakers work fine so can i assume it is not a speaker problem but a RCA cable problem? TV[ATTACHMENT=155]connection 001.jpg (151k. jpg file)[/ATTACHMENT]

cayman123

Auditioning
Real Name
lisa
Technological improvements have enhanced communication in a lot of areas and also the advance with the best beats monster and microphones has allowed two as to communicate, not only with each other but with digital devices too. Headphones have been completely employed for rather a while, but present day modern day versions permit for far better listening of digital devices. To complete so, the ought to translate the signals from our MP3 participant, Tv, pc, CD player or other device into sound waves that may be recognized by humans. Not all headphones are alike. You may possibly listen to some called earbuds, or some referred to as stereo phones or simply basically earphones. Some terms to turn into acquainted with to ensure that you'll be able to effortlessly store for headphones are supra-aural and circumaural also as canal phones and earbuds. Circumaural headphones will be the sorts of headphones which have too significant pads, 1 for every ear. They are big in dimension but are fairly comfortable to wear. These are excellent when you want very good isolation from outside noise and are frequently used in recording studios. Supra-aural headphones are more compact with small pads that go more than the ears. Although they offer very good sound, they won't block external noise. For that best headphones and microphones with each other, you need a telecommunication set. Today they are used a great deal for individual communication through the personal computer also as for help people today in companies. These have a microphone with a sensor that turns your voice into electric signals and 1 earpad exactly where the sound is transmitted for your ears. Using microphones is not new, they've been used for Television and radio as well as In devices such as hearing aids for many years. These days their uses are found in computers too. They capture digital magnetic waves from any medium like air or water or any issue strong and then turn them into electrical signals. These days, microphones are most generally employed for audio recordings. There are a few types of microphones - microphones that use electromagnetic wave generation are called dynamic microphones and ones that use a form of mechanical vibration are called condenser microphones. The best headphones and microphones make existence simpler! Both microphones and headphones are superb inventions which have produced broadcasting reside performances much simpler and also have additional towards the jobs of numerous phone revenue and help personnel. Today, you can find even additional and superior programs like generating talking around the phone safer whilst you drive.

Jason Charlton

Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason Charlton
Were you certain to plug the cable box connections into the same inputs on the receiver as before (i.e. the input assignments are off)?

Also, whenever I have issues with a cable box, I turn it off, unplug it from the power for at least 30 seconds before plugging back in. This usually ensures the box will go through the whole "reboot" process.

Finally, I would try connecting the audio from the cable box right to the TV. If you get sound, then the problem is definitely with the receiver (not the cable box, and not the cables).

Good luck.

Real Name
Roy Rogers
Thanks Jason I will try to reboot the box, what did you mean by (i.e. the input assignments are off)? Dan

Real Name
Roy Rogers
I switched the cables and i am getting sound still with the TV speakers and when i play a movie with the home theatre

Jason Charlton

Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason Charlton
Roy, when you say you "switched the cables" do you mean you ran the Red/White audio cables from the audio OUT on the cable box to the audio IN on the TV (as I suggested)?

Did that make the sound for the cable work (i.e. as opposed to when the cable box was connected to the AUX. Input on the back of the Panasonic and it did NOT work)?

When you have the Red/White audio cables connected to the AUX. input on the back of the Panasonic, did you remember to select the Aux. input using the remote control for the Panasonic to select that input when watching TV?

It would help if we had the model number of the Panasonic you are using (I'm guessing the DVD player is built-in) so we can scan the manual and see how it handles external sources.

Real Name
Roy Rogers
Hi Jason The model is SC-HT75, when i said i switched the RCA cables i meant i tried a new set, yes the AUX is selected, when i connect the RCA's from the cable box to the home theatre i lose all sound and when i connect RCA from cable box to TV i get TV sound but no sound out of home theatre, i did reboot cable box no difference, what i find weird is i am getting sound from the home theatre when i play a movie.

Jason Charlton

Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason Charlton
It's actually not too surprising that you get audio for movies - the DVD player is built into the receiver unit, so it's designed to be a pretty much self-contained system for DVDs.

OK, there are two more things I think are worth trying. First of all, the Panasonic has a second set of analog audio inputs - VCR in. Have you tried those instead of the Aux. inputs? Try using those inputs and setting the receiver to "VCR" and see if that yields any results. There's always the chance that the Aux. input jacks are the culprit.

Second, I noticed in your picture that you appear to be running both a coaxial cable (with screw-type connector) AND the yellow RCA composite video out from the cable box. Presumably, both of these connect to the TV, yes? If so, and you want to run the audio through the home theater system rather than the TV speakers, you don't really need the screw-on coaxial cable. There's a slim chance that the cable box only allows one set of outputs to be active at any one time. Try disconnecting the screw-on coaxial cable (don't forget to set the TV to the input corresponding to the yellow composite video connector) and see if that helps. If still nothing, perhaps there's a setting in the cable box menus to enable or configure analog audio output.

Other than that, nothing much else is popping into my head. I found a copy of the Panasonic manual online and nothing jumps out at me as being particularly odd or different about how it handles external devices - i.e. you seem to be doing everything correctly.

Real Name
Roy Rogers
Yes i tried all ports, didnt make a difference On the second paragraph did you mean the cable out coaxial i don't need if i am running yellow

Real Name
Roy Rogers
I really appreciate your patience Jason So let me recap what my current set up is: RCA red/white cable box to red/white receiver RCA yellow cable box to TV Speaker are fine because they work with the DVD player I don't any red/white going to the TV right ?

Jason Charlton

Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason Charlton
Originally Posted by Canadianguy1

I really appreciate your patience Jason

So let me recap what my current set up is:

RCA red/white cable box to red/white receiver
RCA yellow cable box to TV
Speaker are fine because they work with the DVD player

I don't any red/white going to the TV right ?

Yep. Hooked up that way it should work.

Real Name
Roy Rogers
You what i just noticed i am not even getting sound from the stereo part of home theatre , i should at lease be hearing hissing ?

Real Name
Roy Rogers
I think i found the problem, i had the speaker wires in the wrong place, i moved the left and right to the ports at the end of the unit, one think tho i don't hear sound from the centre speaker

Jason Charlton

Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason Charlton
Ahh, ok, that starts to make a bit of sense - it's beginning to look like the front and surround speakers were reversed - when you were watching DVDs your fronts were playing back surround sound channels, and your surround speakers were playing back the front L/R!!!

Analog Red/White cables carry a plain stereo signal, so if your receiver is set up to play back audio in it's native format (sometimes called "Direct") then you will only get sound from the L/R speakers.

There should be a way to set the listening mode on the receiver, or engage Dolby ProLogic decoding for external sources. This will "simulate" surround sound, and you should get sound from the center, and perhaps even a tiny bit of sound from the surround speakers.

Real Name
Roy Rogers
I disconnected all other speakers, i don't see Dolby or 5.1 mentioned any where, you can change the type of sound, clear, disco etc, i tried them all and still nothing out of the centre speaker, the jack for the centre speaker is straight forward, the wire has a sticker on the wire that says 5 and i have it connected properly

Jason Charlton

Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason Charlton
According to page 25 of the manual, there should be a "ProLogic" button on the remote control - on the right side, 5 rows below the "SFC" button that you used to change the sound field (Disco, etc.).

You should probably set the sound field (SFC button) to "Flat" - sound field adds echo and reverb to simulate different environments. The effect is usually more distracting/annoying than anything. Flat disables this type of processing.

For cable TV viewing, you should turn ProLogic "On". With ProLogic On, you should be able to press the "Test" button to output a test signal to each speaker. You can adjust the relative volumes of each channel separately to enhance the center channel, or increase surround levels, etc.

There is also a "Super Surround" mode (with Music and Movie modes) that you can also try. Determine for yourself which mode you prefer.

Real Name
Roy Rogers
Perfect !!!!! thanks a ton, the only issue left is my sub which did not come with the home theatre is sounding muffled and some feed back

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks