What's new

No sound from 3D blu ray player? Why? (1 Viewer)

rabbithimself

Auditioning
Real Name
Tyler Jennings
I bought the following set up and installed everything myself. So far, everything works perfectly and sounds outstanding. The only problem I have had is I cannot get audio from the pioneer blu ray player. I have the blu ray player installed into the reciever using an HDMI cable. Is this enough or am I missing something here? I bought the blu ray player open box so I did not get an owner's manual with it. I have also tried hooking the player directly into the TV using an HDMI cable and HDMI source on the TV as well as component cables direclty into a component source on the TV without luck. The TV is not a 3D tv... I just bought the 3D blu ray player because I got such a good deal on it and am planning on buying a 3D TV a little later. Would this have something to do with it? Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance. :confused: Reciever: Denon model AVR1312 Speakers: Klipsch home theater 500 HD 5.1 system (4 satellite speakers, 1 center speaker, 8" subwoofer) DVD/BLU RAY Player: Pioneer Elite 3D/Blu Ray player; model BDP-41FD

rayman1701

Second Unit
Real Name
Ray Miller
First off here is a link to the manual for the Pioneer: http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Unassigned-Content/Manuals/BDP-41FD+OPERATING+INSTRUCTIONS

Otherwise looking at the manuals for both your receiver and the Blu-ray player, all you should need it the HDMI from the Blu-ray our to the HDMI Input of the receiver. The only thing that might be worth trying is changing the Audio Output settings on the Blu-ray to PCM to see if that works (Page 21 of manual). The bitstream option will not play secondary audio like the menu's and commentaries with DTS-MA or Dolby-True. Also want to make sure that the receiver's HDMI Audio out is set to AMP and not TV (Page 35 of manual), and also making sure that the Audio detect is set to Auto (Page 32). But if you are getting sound from other sources, which it sounds like you are, then I can't see anything in the manuals that jumps out to why you're not getting sound, as long as the receiver is set to HDMI Audio AMP. I guess it could also be a bad HDMI cable, but usually with a bad cable there is no picture or sound. And you are getting picture, with the Blu-ray player, correct?

rabbithimself

Auditioning
Real Name
Tyler Jennings
That is correct, I am getting picture but no sound. Currently I have a hd/satellite cable box and Xbox 360 connected to the hdmi ins on the reciever and I get sound watching cable and streaming Netflix and DVDs on the Xbox. I tried using the hdmi cable working for the Xbox on the Blu ray player but still no sound, picture only. I will check out your suggestions from the manual and see if that makes a difference. Thanks for your help

rayman1701

Second Unit
Real Name
Ray Miller
You could also try switching the inputs as well, just to rule that out. It's a good sign that the Satellite & Xbox are working, so it has to be some audio setting, probably in the Blu-ray player, and I'm thinking that changing the output to PCM would be the first thing I'd try. But try one thing at a time, so you can easily determine what works and what doesn't. Oh, and Good Luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks