What's new

No picture on Optoma EH 500 (1 Viewer)

Steve Garrett

Auditioning
Good evening guys,

I am a volunteer firefighter on a department that is in the finishing construction phase of a new station. I recently purhased and installed a projector system. The components are:

Optoma EH 500
Elite 180" screen
Pioneer VSX-523-k
Entone Cable box - HiDef channels
Sony BluRay
Klipch in ceiling speakers

I set the system up with HDMI from the cable box and BRD into the receiver then 1 50 HDMI cable to the projector. When I hooked everything up yesterday, worked perfectly. I also added a Harmony 650 remote. I tried to turn the system on today and I get no picture on the projector. The sound is coming through the receiver but the projector searched and says no signal. I tried running the HDMI directly out of the cable box with no change. Also, when the projector is searching through inputs, the receiver would lose its signal. (I thought this was strange).

This seems to tell me the HDMI cable is bad, however, I just wondered if there is a specific order the components need to be turned on.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Steve
Dundee Fire Department.

Steve Garrett

Auditioning
I have not tried that yet, I will in the morning. I had no discs to try the BRD. I thought I had read on this forum that the startup order mattered. Is there another remote that you would suggest? I had to teach the commands for the projector and thought that may be the problem.

The cable is new, only used once, I just wouldn't think that would be bad but its definitely possible.

Thanks!

Steve Garrett

Auditioning
Still looking for some help on this subject. I have added a signal booster to the 50 foot HDMI cord which seem to help. Everything seems to operate fine until I try to switch input sources through the receiver. As soon I change from TV to Blu-ray disc then I can lose all picture. It still seems like the long HDMI cord is still causing issues. I set the system up using a small LCD TV instead of the projector and all seem to work okay. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you guys.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks