What's new

No more space shuttle, how do you feel about it? (1 Viewer)

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Personally, I'm heartbroken. With the footage of the final shuttle launch, I almost cried. It is as if part of America has been taken away from us. Like the 4th of July being removed. The NASA Space Program represented imagination, Hope, and Scientific advancement. No more. I have always been fascinated with the space program, but in the mid 90's I realized just how much I loved it. A friend I worked with and I were watching the HBO mini-series 'From the Earth to the Moon' each Sunday night. Monday mornings we talked about the episode the night before in great detail. We became very good friends just from our love of the space program. I am going to purchase all the documentaries of the subject on dvd. -'For all Mankind' -'When We left Earth' -'In the Shadow of the Moon' I thought I would see a manned mission to Mars in my Lifetime, I guess I was wrong. For now I'm just going to look to the stars, and dream that one day we will go back.

dmiller68

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David Miller
Well I'm sad that the program has ended I only hope that we continue to move forward. I was just down at the cape the week before the launch. There seems to be a feeling that we will be back in the space program soon. I guess we will see. I for sure thought we would be going back to the moon at a minimum by now.

Nathan_F

Second Unit
Real Name
Nathan
I'm not necessarily sad that the Shuttle program has ended, but I am not happy with the fact the we have no replacement, nor any apparent strategy for future space exploration.

BrianW

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
I'm with Nathan. Retiring the Shuttle program was the right thing to do, but not having a replacement just hurts. I was inspired by NASA during the Apollo years, and I've followed NASA closely since. The final shuttle launch was a bittersweet moment for me.

montrealfilmguy

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Ben Weaver
I have a brother who leaves Montreal every winter to go spend 6 months at Okeechoobee near Cape Kennedy,well nearer than Montreal. Anyways,every time he left i felt like the urge to go visit him and try to work it around one of the shuttle launches so i could see one with my eyes. Never did. Think i'll watch my Bluray Hubble and my Bluray Space station Imax films now as both have Shuttle launches on them.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Other thoughts

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/forum/thread/312883/the-end-of-an-era-go-atlantis

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks