What's new

No "Jesus of Nazareth" in US this Easter (1 Viewer)

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
I'm talking about the source element. If the material came from something that had been done in that format, wouldn't that sound carry-over?

moviebuff75

Screenwriter
Real Name
Eric Scott Richard
Does anyone have this on a vhs they taped from an NBC broadcast? There is a scene on YouTube of a missing moment when the zealots are speared that includes a close-up of the spear in Amos (Ian Bannen.) On all copies on dvd and Blu-ray, the shot begins after the camera pans up and Amos is dying ..no spear in the gut. I swear I remember this moment, but I can't find my tape.

moviebuff75

Screenwriter
Real Name
Eric Scott Richard
These shots of the Zealots' deaths are in the Italian version, but not in our current version, which is derived from the U.K. cut. I am wondering if this part of the shot was ever shown on NBC.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230130-123942.jpg
    Screenshot_20230130-123942.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 19
  • Screenshot_20230130-123925.jpg
    Screenshot_20230130-123925.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 20

moviebuff75

Screenwriter
Real Name
Eric Scott Richard
We are still missing three shots: a man tosses a baby over a wall during the Massacre of the Innocents, and a mother mourns over her bloody baby in the same scene.
The shot I posted above is missing.
A scene between Pilate and Zerah is missing, as well a a scene with Barabbas and the thieves in prison.

This masterpiece needs a complete restoration.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks