1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

no interest in HD movies from the OTA networks...

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jeff Beverly, Feb 2, 2001.

1. Jeff Beverly

Jeff Beverly Extra

even if there wasn't the annoyance of all the commercial interupts (that are usually not HD), i still don't want to watch movies on the broadcast networks because they are censored for language & content...
    the problem is . . . the picture is just so damn good - it's hard not to watch!

2. Paul Jenkins

Paul Jenkins Supporting Actor

Jeff,
    I'm actually starting to watch network shows again because of HD. For instance, I now watch NYPD Blue and CSI because they are in HD, otherwise I wouldn't have even turned them on! And the 5.1 sound in NYPD Blue is awesome, really puts network TV back on the map for me... (now why couldn't they have shot Survivor in HD?!! )
    Paul

3. Frank

Frank Stunt Coordinator

I know I'll be watching when 'Mask of Zorro' comes on in HD on CBS and when 'Phenomenum' comes on on ABC. Even with commercials I will watch if it's in HD.
    ------------------
    Frank...
    Turn off the TV and read these books those in power DON'T want you to read...

4. Steve Tannehill

Steve Tannehill Ambassador

Steve Tannehill
    I'm with Frank... commericials or no, Lady and the Tramp and the remake of The Parent Trap will not suffer much editing, if anything, for content. It's just commercials.
    Now Lady and the Tramp, if they show the CinemaScope version, may be cropped to 16x9...
    - Steve