1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

No Doubt 2009 World Tour

Discussion in 'Music' started by Lucia Duran, Jun 9, 2009.

1. Lucia Duran

Lucia Duran Well-Known Member

Went to the No Doubt/Paramore concert last night and it was a blast! The opening acts were The Sounds and Paramore. Both opening acts were awesome! The sound quality for both sets were pretty amazing. I had never heard of The Sounds before and I really enjoyed them. I have heard of Paramore (thanks to my daughters) and thought that they put on one heck of a show!

No doubt was pretty spectacular. I have seen them once before (opened for U2) and I must say that Gwen and the boys do such a kick ass job of performing live. They did all my favorite songs and even a cover of Stand and Deliver. Gwen chatted with the audience, did her signature push ups and looked absolutely fabulous (cannot believe she is going to be 40).

We sat in the family zone on the lawn, as we took our two kids and their friends. I had never seen or heard of this family zone before and I think it is an awesome idea. We had a great view of the stage and the screens. My only complaint of the night was a few parents who felt they could break the rules of NO alcohol or smoking in the family zone (although my friend ended up asking them to either leave the zone or put out the cigs, which they did). The area is clearly marked with HUGE signs that say NO ALCOHOL or SMOKING in the family zone, so I didn't feel bad when she asked them to leave or stop smoking.

We all had the best night! My kids loved No Doubt and Paramore and sang and danced to every song.

Oh yeah and one little remark..... I realize what I am getting into when I go to a rock concert, so I cannot get too upset, but when The Sounds performed they dropped the F bomb so often it made me cringe.

2. AnthonyC

AnthonyC Well-Known Member

I'm a huge No Doubt fan and I'd love to see them at some point...but unfortunately the only friend I know who likes them won't be able to make the show that's closest to us and I feel weird going to a concert alone. Maybe next year...

3. Lucia Duran

Lucia Duran Well-Known Member

Nothing could keep me from going to a concert of a band or artist I enjoyed. I think you should go. You'll have fun!

4. jazzlovr1990

jazzlovr1990 Member

I freakin love no doubt, tragic kingdom is bomb!