1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

No Doctor Who Straight Lay Releases

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Kevin McCorry, Aug 16, 2001.

1. Kevin McCorry

Kevin McCorry Well-Known Member

BBC North America and Warner have abandoned plans for
    simultaneous releases to VHS and DVD of Doctor Who
    serials. The intent had evidently been straight lay releases on DVD of any Who titles yet to be distributed on VHS. Now, we can only expect DVDs of Who titles given the DVD treatment in Britain, meaning a meager 6 stories maximium per year. Let's see, at that rate, I'll be 55- or 6 feet under- by the time we see DVDs of every Who story still in existence.
    They just keep propping VHS up, it seems. For a dying format, it sure seems to get a lot of CPR.

2. Jeff Cooper

Jeff Cooper Well-Known Member

Why am I not suprised that this bad news somehow involves Warner?
    ------------------
    -Jeff Cooper
    "Curse you inspector Dim! You are too clever for us naughty people."

3. PhilipG

PhilipG Well-Known Member

This news has nowt to do with Warner, and everything to do with the BBC's allocated budget for DVD releases and the care of the DW Restoration Team to bring out quality product.
    Note that R1 buyers will get an extra commentary track on The Five Doctors, as well as the complete Remembrance of the Daleks.

4. Michael Sliger

Michael Sliger Well-Known Member

In a way, I am glad that Warner isn't providing day-and-date DVD releases of upcoming Doctor Who VHS products. The Doctor Who Restoration Team has shown me time and again from their website ( http://www.restoration-team.co.uk
    [Edited last by Michael Sliger on August 16, 2001 at 06:59 PM]

5. Rollie

Rollie Well-Known Member