What's new

No Doctor Who Straight Lay Releases (1 Viewer)

Kevin McCorry

Stunt Coordinator
BBC North America and Warner have abandoned plans for
simultaneous releases to VHS and DVD of Doctor Who
serials. The intent had evidently been straight lay releases on DVD of any Who titles yet to be distributed on VHS. Now, we can only expect DVDs of Who titles given the DVD treatment in Britain, meaning a meager 6 stories maximium per year. Let's see, at that rate, I'll be 55- or 6 feet under- by the time we see DVDs of every Who story still in existence.
They just keep propping VHS up, it seems. For a dying format, it sure seems to get a lot of CPR.

Jeff Cooper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Cooper
Why am I not suprised that this bad news somehow involves Warner?
------------------
-Jeff Cooper
"Curse you inspector Dim! You are too clever for us naughty people."

PhilipG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
PhilipG
This news has nowt to do with Warner, and everything to do with the BBC's allocated budget for DVD releases and the care of the DW Restoration Team to bring out quality product.
Note that R1 buyers will get an extra commentary track on The Five Doctors, as well as the complete Remembrance of the Daleks.

Michael Sliger

Second Unit
In a way, I am glad that Warner isn't providing day-and-date DVD releases of upcoming Doctor Who VHS products. The Doctor Who Restoration Team has shown me time and again from their website ( http://www.restoration-team.co.uk
[Edited last by Michael Sliger on August 16, 2001 at 06:59 PM]

Rollie

Stunt Coordinator
Can we please get Fox Video to take back the BBC Worldwide contract?
I wish....
I just hope that Warner doesn't find some way to butcher this show. Watch them be in the "movie" format or something equally ridiculous. I'm definitely buying Spearhead from Space. I'll make my judgement based on that disc.
------------------
Hit pay-dirt with KDRT!
Petition FOX and score The Adventures of Ford Fairlane on DVD!
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/uub/...ML/001933.html

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks