What's new

No Color Using Component Cable Connections? (1 Viewer)

AllanP

Agent
I just updated my "older" system by replacing the "S" video connections with new "component" connections, going from my Pioneer DVL-919 to the Marantz SR-18 and out to a 51" Samsung Plasma TV. Sound, clarity, etc. is all good but NO COLOR, just B&W! Can anyone advise what the problem may be? I am not an expert by any means so all help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Have you changed it from RGB to YCrBr?
It might be the other way...
But...Component can carry both...but your display doesn't necessarily understand both...

SonicSC

Grip
Real Name
Stacy Carson
It's easy to get those RCA cables plugged into the wrong spots. To start, make sure you've got the 3 video component cables (green, blue and red) going into the matching jacks, and nothing into the yellow composite jack. Then make sure you've selected the correct input - component - on your TV. I know that seems basic, but if that's all correct, let me know, and I'll see if I can't help further.

SonicSC

Grip
Real Name
Stacy Carson
Sorry, I didn't see your reply before I posted mine. Sounds like we're both thinking the same thing.

AllanP

Agent
Hello all! Thanks for your replies. I did something I should have done 'initially' - I located the instruction manual for the DVL-919 and after "searching" I found out how to access the confusing "menu" to switch the output from "S" video to "component!" For sure, given current systems, this is not exactly a user friendly device and the instructions . . . well, you know! Anyway, I have color now. . . hooray! Now all I have to do is convert my Beta & VHS tapes to DVD and I'll be all set! :P

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks