What's new

Nip/Tuck Season 3 (1 Viewer)

Todd H

Go Dawgs!
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd
I guess we find out tonight! I hope Kimber comes through this alive. She's one of my, ahem, favorite characters on the show. ;)

Andrew Bunk

Screenwriter
That's certainly possible Todd. He would fit the classification of "someone we already know", and he would have motive.

For some reason I had it in my head that he committed suicide or died
, but I can't remember for sure what happened last with him.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
Here's the latest clue from E online

Fom theresa: Who is the Carver?

Well, I guess you've waited this long. I may as well tell you. It's Jay-Z. That's another clue.

Jay-Z's given name is Sean Carter

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Well, that was definitely messed up.

The whole bit about Quentin and Kit being Brother & Sister, deformed from being born via incest is all sorts of f'd up. Damn. I'm not sure I can figure out what is up with Julia, though. Great finale. Even liked the Matt storyline.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
Obviously a lot of back pedaling for a story that they made up as they went along. A brother and sister team. That was clever.
Oh yeah right, Quentin didnt have a dick and he payed a sorority sister to pretend to give him a blowjob. Lame explanations like this and the whole resolution was half assed.
And, they didnt even get caught in the end.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I got squeamish for both Sean and Christian with all that snipping of fingers and hands (for surgeons, that's a death knell). That scene was just so tense. Intercutting it with Matt and Cherry's situation just pushed it over the top. Murphy definitely got to 11 with intertwining those 2 subplots together for the finale. I was wondering if we'd find out if Cherry shot off Ariel's dad's nads and log.

I think Julia got bad news from the tests her OBGYN did on the baby.

Raasean Asaad

Supporting Actor
She had to get bad news judging from the Doctors reaction and the fact the she almost immediately made up with her husband afterwards.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
From TV guide.com
Nip/Tuck
How do I start? Hmm. How about this. The show ended and my cell phone rang. It was TVGuide.com's own Daniel Coleridge. I answered because I was dying to hear what he thought of tonight's two-hour season finale. Daniel's a good friend and besides, he's the one who covered Nip/Tuck for Watercooler before I took over this season. "I'm disappointed!" declared Daniel. "Me too!" said I. So at least I wasn't alone. Why oh why did they make Quentin the Carver?!? How terribly predictable. FX even tried throwing us off by releasing that photo of a bloody and carved Quentin. Then they showed Liz being interrogated in last week's coming attractions — another way to throw us off. When that Carver mask came off and it was Quentin's face, I screamed "No!" I so wanted it to be someone we didn't suspect. Daniel had predicted weeks ago that it was going to be a woman who raped the victims with a strap-on. Well he was half right. The fact that Quentin has no penis was quite shocking (did I ever think I'd type that anyone "has no penis" in a Watercooler?) and I did like the twist at the very end revealing Kit to be Quentin's sister and coconspirator. As soon as they showed the two of them lounging at a pool, my first thought was "She better not have a British accent!" and thankfully, she didn't. Another thing I liked was Julia deciding to co-own the house with Sean so they could raise the new baby together. But what's wrong with the baby? We'll have to wait until the spring to find out. Julia's Rosemary's Baby-like nightmare both disturbed and amused me. But nothing was more disturbing than Ariel's neo-Nazi, racist, homophobic father kidnapping and torturing Matt and Cherry (the very effective Willam Belli). Umm — did Matt cut Cherry's penis off? She sure screamed bloody murder as if he had. Then Cherry escaped out of the almost-grave just in time to hit Ariel's dad on the head with a shovel and shoot him. So I'm guessing she still had her penis? Geez, how many times am I going to type that word? I did love that this whole horrific experience made Matt into a sensible and caring person. Other random thoughts:
- I was impressed that series creator and executive producer Ryan Murphy came back to write and direct the final hour. I only wish he could've made someone else the Carver. Even Joan Rivers would've been better than Quentin.
- Why was there nary a mention of Erica being alive this week or last?
- Kudos to Kelly Carlson for her brilliant acting as Kimber before and after her corrective surgeries.
- Loved Veronica Cartwright as Mother Mary Claire. And that was series writer and producer Jennifer Salt (Eunice from Soap) as the first nun towards the very end. Jennifer's cameo was uncredited, as were coexecutive producers Lyn Greene (young Dorothy from Golden Girls) and Richard Levine as the prospective adoptive parents of Quentin in the flashback.
- Gina's line to Christian cracked me up (after her face was literally cracked by Quentin): "Don't screw this up, a--hole, I'm planning to get a book deal out of this, and I don't want to look like the Joker in my dust jacket."

Were you suprised by the Carver's identity on Nip/Tuck?

Yes. I never saw that twist coming.

38%

No. It was a total letdown.

61%

Duane R

Second Unit
I'll have to watch this again to wrap my head around everything that went on before I can comment. And to answer the question about the next season, it'll probably be August or September of 2006.

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
I suppose the main thing was the process by which they reached the conclusion of Quentin being The Carver, and why he became the Carver in the first place. So the journey, rather than the destination, and in particular the detour to Liz, which in retrospect was a bit of cheap shot since the detective handling the investigation was an accomplice -- which was another twist to the sordid tale.

Ironically the resolution to Matt's predicament seemed a bit more satisfying. I thought that at some point, the dad might lose concentration and Matt would slug him with the shovel, but Matt daring him to shoot was even more dramatic. Would have been even more satisfying if at the last moment, Cherry lowered the angle of firing to signify that the dad's 'nads were the target. And yes, Matt suddenly seems to have grown up after all this; I wonder if (assuming he did slice off Cherry's bits) whether he'll go on to ask Sean to complete the job properly?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks