What's new

Nina's Discount Oldies problem - anyone else? (1 Viewer)

Eric Huffstutler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Eric Huffstutler
Nina's Discount Oldies aka Oldies.com aka Collectibles Inc. aka Alpha Video...

Has anyone had problems getting shipments and then correcting the problem through their customer service department? I ordered something on February 18th that still shows "In Route" from a postal station 145 miles away but was never received. So I called a couple of weeks ago and spoke to two very rude people, one being Michael, a supervisor. I was told that they had to wait 30-days before replacing the order. OK... it's been 30+ days and still no order????

I called again and Michael was trying to talk over me, controlling the conversation rather than trying to satisfy a customer. I was told a replacement would go out Monday expedited... OK. Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and now Thursday and still the package has not been shipped! I was told a replacement was requested but still hasn't processed as another week rolls by!

They are not very consumer oriented and wonder if anyone else has had similar horror stories with these people?

Does Jerry and Nina Greene still own this company - I know they have been up against several copyright infringement law suits over the years.

Eric Huffstutler
Richmond, VA

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
I think the next step would be to call your credit card company and explain to them that you were charged but never received your order, and the vendor is giving you the runaround. They'll either cancel the charge or help you go after the vendor to get your stuff.

LaurenceGarvey

Second Unit
I looked into this for you; the first package was lost in the mail, but UPS delivered the replacement package for you TODAY, March 24. Have a good weekend, and enjoy the movies.

L.G.

Eric Huffstutler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Eric Huffstutler
Thanks LaurenceGarvey for looking into this. Yes, the replacement was received today but unfortunately one of the items was not included which I ordered and probably shipped with the original package. Seems the item is now not available :frowning:

What bothered me was the attitudes of the Customer Service people and their lack of concern to help me when it is obvious that the first package should have been received long ago. I also called the post office which the packages were shipped out from in Maryland and they were complaining about the slowness of their processing plant handling bulk media mail from Nina's Discount Oldies. That my original package was part of a 2,000 piece mailing.

What I also find unusual is the fact that Oldies' said they don't have live update inventory status so can't tell customers if something is available or not????

BTW... Michael told me that they usually ship bulk media mail which would slow down when you receive something rather than sending each out when paid for! Also he was making a big deal about having sent the replacement via UPS when in fact, street price for Media Mail for this package received would have been MORE than the UPS Ground it was sent, especially with special contract pricing as we have with UPS.

Eric

LaurenceGarvey

Second Unit
You're welcome. I further followed up, and they advised me that you were now okay. It's my experience that their service is helpful and friendly, and I'm glad that they took care of you.

Incidentally, just to clear the air, they were REAL upset over the suggestions of inproprieties on the part of their company. Their statement to me included:

"Like any other entertainment company we are beset by many legal claims that are outrageous and stupid 'I'm an extra in Giant Gila Monster and I never got paid...you owe me'."

They went on to say that about 12 years ago there WAS such a suit brought against their company by an artist whose work they had licensed from the producer, who hadn't paid the artist. Eventually, Oldie's name was cleared.

So their integrity is intact!

Eric Huffstutler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Eric Huffstutler
LaurenceGarvey

When I did some Googling, I came up with some "Find Law" entries for various musical CD infringement suits by the artists and Nina's name linked to it. That is what I was referring to.

Such as "Brown et al -v- Ames & Collectibles" from 1994 and again in 2000. The original stating:
There were appeals and this is what you must be referring to with their name cleared. They lost the case originally but "burden of proof" helped clear their name.

I wasn't making any accusations that they were actually in the wrong, just that there have been suits against them for copyright violations and that is how I got Nina Greene's name.

I ordered a CD set before Christmas and received it promptly. I was expecting the same for this order but when I kept calling and got the run-around by people saying that it would be taken care of then a week later it hasn't, or being told I would have to wait 30 days before they sent a replacement when it should only take 2-3 days to get to me even by Media Mail, seemed a bit ridiculous.

Maybe the next order will prove more successful?

I still don't see why they use media mail rather than UPS ground when it is actually cheaper when you have a contract deal. I know at my work we get 43% off the street price for UPS with our contract.

Eric

AmandaStevenson

Auditioning
Real Name
Amanda Stevenson
I just received 2 HORRIBLE MOVIES that I never ordered and didn't order any other movies from them either! Got billed $24. I am irate because I am a movie lover. They even had the balls to bill me for 2 movies I did not get. And I ordred NOTHING from this company in years!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks