What's new

Nikita Season 1 (1 Viewer)

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Nikkita (CW) Season 1 Premieres tonight.

This actually has some really good reviews

http://www.salon.com/entertainment/tv/nikita/index.html?story=/ent/tv/heather_havrilesky/2010/09/04/cw_nikita

Since the pilot episode of "Nikita" is smart, efficient and polished to a high gloss, maybe the writers can craft some new spins on the same old high-stakes standoffs and agency capers we've come to expect. But they'll have to offer more than Nikita slinking through back alleys and foiling Division's plans, usually while wearing red lingerie in her enormous secret hideout/loft. "You do this, you're going to have to kill your way through a whole lot of people you know, starting with me, Nikki," Birkhoff tells her, and he's right. Can we really watch bodies pile up in Nikita's wake, week after week?

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Ok, this may be one of the best pilots I've seen in a while. This was a tight, tough pilot that opens up a potentially long story arch with some good action and surprisingly effective acting. I liked the plot, I liked the delivery..

It's in a bad timeslot on Thursday, but it'll get my DVR slot.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
The big surprise in watching the pilot was that the revelation at the end of the episode was not spoiled by any of the reviews I had seen. It will be interesting to see how things develop.

I was thinking of first season Alias parallels through a lot of episode.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
I loved the original series on USA. I still think it's the best show I have ever seen on USA, and that may be saying a lot given recent shows that have aried on that network. I thought Peta Wilson was perfect in the role, and IMO I thought the television series was far superior to either of the film versions. I hope I can make the time to check out this series.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
My wife and I enjoyed it, though it's a marginal show that I'll replace if enough better stuff comes out. The strength was the excellent production quality: great locations, scenes, lighting, everything is top notch. The characters were also interesting to start: enough sense of worthwhile backstory to draw me in.

The weakness for me is that it's no Alias. For me, Alias had the perfect premiere with its seemingly bog-standard intro then an arresting twist that changed the entire show halfway through. Nikita felt clunky with its opening narration; it was in too much of a hurry to get someplace. The little twist at the end about her mole was nice, but not Alias-mind-bending.

But a fair start, and I'm looking forward to more.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
My main point of ponder was "how long can Nikita poke the bear (Division) before getting swatted by the bear claw of death?"

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I am not high on Shane West in this show, but if they keep up the action quota, I stick with it for now.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Another entertaining episode.

But I don't like the visual flourishes they use; they pull me out of the show. Nikita kept looking up from her sniper scope as if to get a better view through the hotel window. A ridiculous thing; she'd be locked down and glued to the scope as she waited for the shot. And then there was the gym scene, where the lights are shut off on the people working just after the sidekick is told she's on probation.

I downloaded the iPhone app they promoed. It's a neat idea, but I found the control system for the game to be badly conceived and I deleted it promptly. BUt others rated the game well, so you might find it enjoyable.

Mikah Cerucco

Senior HTF Member
The episode had quite a few moments that didn't make sense. For instance, the thermal aspect of the scope was completely unnecessary as even the TV viewer could plainly see with the scope Nikita was already using that the imposing big figure standing over the grounded little figure was the man she wanted to take out. And luckily Nikita and her mole are smart enough to bypass the security of a computer guru smart enough to build ShadowNet so they can chat on a regular basis. There were many more things like this. Still, it was entertaining overall. Not "I can't wait to see it" entertaining, but it's something to watch before the other shows come back. Whether I stick around over the next few weeks or not, I couldn't say at this point.

DaveHof

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
David Hofstede
Tonight's episode had a very disappointing climax. Nikita says she wants nothing more than to "empty a clip" into Percy's face - then she has the guy dead to rights and lets him go? No way. Her entire mission is to bring down Division - she would not pass on killing the guy who said, "I am Division." That would be more than half the battle won with one shot. Dishonest writing.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
I think the thing is he has all of these "black boxes" which were setup early on, that contain all of the dirty secrets that the US government has done.. assassinations, etc. and he has said if he gets exposed, he'll turnabout and use them, so it's his blackmail bait. She wants him dead, but she wants to make sure from the grave he doesn't bring down the country... which is a weird premise, but no more strange then say, Rimbaldi

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
It's been said several times that Percy has a dead-mans system, where if he's incapacitated information is released detailing and incriminating everyone involved with Division. Nikita was trying to get and destroy one of those data troves in this episode.

I thought this was a good episode. Though I keep thinking she would shoot Percy in the leg to at least slow him down and perhaps put him off his game.

Mikah Cerucco

Senior HTF Member
But you've had years of intensive training to come up with that option and she's just Jill off the street.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
I really liked last nights episode. I liked that they ended up not working together, the guy ditches and runs. I also liked the test within a test.

Plus, CW picks it up for a whole season today.. so, makes it easier for me to commit

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Two really solid eps in a row; and now we know that there are multiple global conspiracies of sorts.. is Nikita just tilting at windmills? But I loved the double cross in the middle.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Good episode. Well plotted. I'm still waiting for some suspicion to fall on Alex. She's too easily seen on the computer and she's there too often, at too many random times.

And yes: the setup for season 2?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leif_sauce
Recent bookmarks