What's new

Night Gallery - Season 2 (1 Viewer)

chas speed

Second Unit
Real Name
jeff
Originally Posted by younger1968

i love to see S3 released on 2011. I have S1-S2 on dvd and have watched several episodes. This is classic series that i remember watching the show in the 1980s like around midnight.
Universal seems to have very little interest in releasing any TV shows on DVD. They are just farming them out to Image or Shout Factory. Considering it was the season that Universal and NBC seemed to take over the show so they could cancel it, I am guessing they won't bother.

Van594

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Scott
I'm holding out hope...there was quite a delay in getting the second season out so plausible. It would seem stupid to stop now with only one more season left to release. I'm sure it would sell well enough to make it worth it between all the people that bought the first two seasons and the people that wait for a series to be complete before buying. I hope they don't farm it out but if thats the only way to get it released I would take it.

Huge Rod Serling fan (though I know he had his gripes with NG) and need the last one to complete the TZ/NG collection. I've even visited his grave site which is in a small town in the Finger Lakes region of NYS, near where I live.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
Originally Posted by Van594 [*] "Room for One Less" – Cast: Lee Jay Lambert, James Metropole [/list]
If you look at when the dvd came out then you see S1 - 2004 and S2 - 2008. So, it makes me think that we could be 2 more years before the final season comes out.

I do like S1 and S2, so, that feeds my appetite along with Thriller/Outerlimits, etc.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
Keep in mind that Universal has *four* titles that only need one more season to be complete and all of them look to be stalled. In addition to "Night Gallery", there's "Hardy Boys", "Black Sheep Squadron" and "Amazing Stories." So they are not exactly a studio that has consideration for how much more needs to get out.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
Originally Posted by Jack P

Keep in mind that Universal has *four* titles that only need one more season to be complete and all of them look to be stalled. In addition to "Night Gallery", there's "Hardy Boys", "Black Sheep Squadron" and "Amazing Stories." So they are not exactly a studio that has consideration for how much more needs to get out.

I understand what you are saying. It is just unfortunate the network takes certain stance. I feel dvd market earlier on was miss handled with so many releases early on. You could walk into major retailers and there would significant shelf space. However, 2007 set everything back and stores started to re-look at their shelf space and are not willing to carry the releases. So, the studios had to change their strategy around shows and re-focus their attentions to shows they could sell. I think you will see an uptick with dvds and studios will have certain plan releases over the next few years.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
i have watched several episodes and really enjoy S2. I think that i remember vaguely this show being on in syndication around 12AM on friday nights. In either case, it still is a great show.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
I have S1-S2 on dvd and love Night Gallery. I remember seeing the show at 12AM and love it. I have watched all the episodes again and there are some real dandies, like the professor that pays people to bring dead bodies or Bill Bixby as the loving husband (who meets his own demise). I was hoping the studio would release S3 as it would complete my set.

I also have Thriller as well, which is very similar to night gallery. They sure do not make shows like this anymore!!!

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
I decided on sunday night to watch several episodes from S1 of Night Gallery. I watch the episode with Roddy McDowell as the nephew and the lady that wanted her sight. In both cases the episodes were well done!

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Originally Posted by younger1968

I decided on sunday night to watch several episodes from S1 of Night Gallery. I watch the episode with Roddy McDowell as the nephew and the lady that wanted her sight. In both cases the episodes were well done!

I believe that was the pilot film. Steven Spielberg directed the Joan Crawford segment of the pilot.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks