What's new

Night Gallery S2 (1 Viewer)

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
boy, would I love to see this get a R1 release. I'll wait a little while, but if nothing is announced here by Oct, I'll be importing it for sure. Apart from a couple truly great stories, the second season contains most of the ones I think of when I think of this show.

John Stell

Screenwriter
Real Name
John Stell
It is due to be released in the US during the Oct - Dec time frame. This was first mentioned by Movie Unlimited's Movie Buzz q&a and confirmed by one of the authors of Night Gallery: An After Hours Tour at the Night Gallery website. I would expect it to be released mid October.

michael_ks

Screenwriter

My thoughts exactly. S2 has many standouts: "Silent Snow, Secret Snow", "A Question of Fear", "Midnight Never Ends", "Pickman's Model", "Cool Air", The Messiah on Mott Street", "Green Fingers", "The Caterpillar" and so many more. Very exciting news as I've been waiting for a couple of years now for Universal to make a move with S2. (I wonder if they're actually outsourcing this).

I could not find anything at the nightgallery.net site that indicates that a second season release is in the works, though.

michael_ks

Screenwriter
Thanks, but it's too much trouble to establish a yahoo ID and join the discussion group. Guess I'll just wait for the news to appear on the "Night Gallery on DVD" section of the Mr. Skelton's site.

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
I was watching this on Chiller. I agree with Michael's choices for second season episodes. When it was good, it was an A+, but when it was bad, it was an F. No middle ground for that show at all!

P.S. I see Werewolf is on Chiller too. I wonder if that will get a DVD release?

chas speed

Second Unit
Real Name
jeff
I always felt it had about the same average as Twilight Zone, about 1/3rd were great, another 1/3rd were ok and another 1/3rd were unwatchable.

Cheetah

Stunt Coordinator
Finally! Considering it will have been well over three years by late this year since season one had been released, it proves that you can never completely give up on any series from being released in its entirety.

This has to be one of the longest periods of time between DVD releases for two seasons of any show.

michael_ks

Screenwriter

At around 3 years, 3 months, it actually surpasses the hiatus between box sets 2 and 3 of "The Rifleman". Still bothers me that the news has not been mentioned directly on the nightgallery.net site--maybe Skelton is waiting for something more definitive to post?

FrancisP

Screenwriter
I wondern if Universal overseas is as mediocre overseas as it is in the US. Safe to say any R1 release would be unlikely to be remastered as well not having any extras.

RoyM

Stunt Coordinator
This is excellent news, if indeed true! Any chance that the abbreviated season three could possibly be rolled up into this season two release, as well? Lordy, I would hate to have to wait another three years to finally complete collecting the whole show.

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
I'd hate to think we are building ourselves up for a letdown with this. If it indeed is due out before Halloween, it should be officially announced before the end of the month.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks