What's new

Night Court/Warner Bros. Rebate Question (1 Viewer)

Rick P

Supporting Actor
Good Grief people! It CLEARLY SAYS 'Tab D' OR 'UPC'.
You have an EXTRA COPY OF THE UPC on the second 'back cover' that is holding in the bonus disc!!!

It comes off cleanly.
It dosen't deface the package.
For Night Court (and maybe for the rest that includes the bonus disc) what't the problem?

RyanAn

Screenwriter
It is a shame that these things happen, but it does not matter to me as I would never butcher a case/insert/tab on my DVD to get a rebate. Heck, even it meant I could get it for free, I doubt I would do it. There has to be an easier way, like providing the UPC code and a copy of your reciept, it is not fair to collector's who keep their collection in pristine shape.

ryan

Anthony Wolfe

Stunt Coordinator
BUT RYAN! They STICK THE TABS ON THERE FOR THAT PURPOSE, that's why they use TABS, I could argue that the tabs are defacing the Case!

The Tabs are menat to be used as a proof of purchase, that's why they aren't embedded in the case...GAAH!

RyanAn

Screenwriter
But Anthony!

You are still tearing some of the goodness and aura of the DVD with ever glossy piece of paper, card-board tab, or anything else that is used for Proofs. You still have to tear Proofs out.

ryan

Keith I

FoS
Real Name
Keith
It seems there are two versions of the Night Court case, one with the PoP "D" tab and one without.

It is clear that regardless of which version you have, the UPC barcode is an acceptable replacement for the PoP "D" tab.

If you do not want to deface your cover, Warner included an extra back cover that held the bonus disc in place for you to cut the UPC barcode out of. So in this situation, it's a win-win situation.

The extra discussion is to tell Anthony that some of us do not have the PoP "D" tab as he says he has on his case. And also off-topic discussion on not wanting to deface covers in general.
-

Robert Cruz

Stunt Coordinator
Easily put...if your set has the cardboard box case, then it'll definitely have Tab D on the inside, between the DVD holders. If your set has the amaray case, then it will not have the Tab D. Just use the UPC from the paper that "holds" the bonus DVD.

It's up to you, however, if you want to send out for the rebate. If you don't want to ruin the DVD set in any way, then don't send out for it (though there's no way of ruining the set with the amaray cases, since there's a separate paper with the UPC on it). If you don't mind removing out the tab that is meant to be easily removed, then go for it...save yourself some more money (after a long wait, of course).

See...no need for "extra discussion". Everything is solved (to an extent).

Anthony Wolfe

Stunt Coordinator
How are you defacing something, when it is meant to be done, if someone makes a wall specifically for grafitti, when it gets tagged up, you can't call it defacing anything, That's what it meant for. I don't see what's so hard, they include TABS and PROOFS in the package for the purpose of taking them off, they aren't really a part of the actual box you are buying, but stuck in there for the purpose of being pulled off when needed. So actually HAVING them on, is as much defacing the package as pulling them off. Shesh!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks