What's new

Night Court/Warner Bros. Rebate Question (1 Viewer)

Moore Maxx

Stunt Coordinator
I was reading the Warner Bros rebate form and it says to include proof of purchase tab D from the DVDs when you send it in. Anyone find POP tab D in the Night Court season 1 DVD? I found tab A and Tab B.

Maxx

Keith I

FoS
Real Name
Keith
Good question. Since Warner decided to release this as a keepcase (and not a cardboard digipak), they had to resort to forcing us to cut the PoP coupon off of the cover. Did any of the other 2/8 Warner releases come in a keepcase? Hopefully someone can ask Warner and will let us know. I'm guessing they'll accept either the A or B coupons.
-

Rhoq

Supporting Actor
The 13-Episode first seasons came in 2 disc Amaray "keep" cases ("Night Court" and "The Wayans Brothers"). The other sets are full 22 (approx) episode seasons and come in the cardboard Digipack slip cases.

I bought "Night Court" and "Murphy Brown" yesterday.

Doug^Ch

Second Unit
The Warner Brothers Rebate is a load of crap just like almost every other rebate out there. They know that 75% of people who buy the sets will get frustrated and not jump through all the required hoops to ever claim the rebate. I have already bought more than six of their qualifying DVD sets, and I'm not going to claim the rebate. My primary reason is that when you read the fine print, they will not send it to a P.O. Box. Now if you are like me and only use a P.O. Box as a mailing address, it is damn inconvenient. Why not come up with some other type of promotion? Rebates usually make me so mad that I will purposely not buy a product with them.

Wade K

Second Unit
According to the form inside the Night Court case, you can use the proof of purchase tabs OR the UPC. I plan on using the UPC from the outer piece of paper covering the bonus DVD.

Tory

-The Snappy Sneezer- -Red Huck-
Real Name
Tory
I couldn't find D on Fresh Prince let alone Night Court. I think they want us to cut off the UPC instead. Crooks...this rebate is a scam degrading the shows on DVD I would buy anyway and probably making the buying public less likely to purchase these titles just on principle and sheer falsity of the situation.

Jimmy M

Second Unit

May I ask where you live that you can't receive mail at your place of residence? That sounds more inconvenient to me.

Jimmy!

Doug^Ch

Second Unit
Post Office Boxes are used by millions for a variety of reasons. Some people move all the time and this gives them a stable address. Some people live in apartment building where there mail is easily pilfered. My case stems from being unable to keep my mailbox cleared of snow for the mail vehicle during December of 2003 where we had over five feet of snow for the month. The Post Office inferred that I might be too lazy to keep it cleared. So I said screw you and got a P.O. Box so I no longer have the problem. For a rebate offer to exclude P.O. Boxes is patently unfair.

Alex-A

Stunt Coordinator

Um, they're in plain sight. Between the two plastic trays there's the little strip sticking up. It contains all the PoPs including D which is the last one in line. I personally don't care about the rebates. They take too long to process and I end up with a missing piece in my set. Nuts to that.

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason

I think the reason for it is so people don't abuse the rebate program, since it is fairly easy to get PO Boxes, and they don't want people to abuse the agreement.

I agree that it sucks for those who need PO Boxes to receive mail, but that's the way things are.

Jason

Tory

-The Snappy Sneezer- -Red Huck-
Real Name
Tory

My strip is blank, no D whatsoever. I think asking buyers to rip up the case in any manner is wrong and they know most people will not do that. There should be an insert that is redeemable and representative of purchasing not attached to the box. Even better, they should only require the receipt or better yet cut the price at the market and do away with the rebate, that way we save on taxes.

Eve Brown

Stunt Coordinator
The thing about rebates in general is that most people(believe about 80%) don't redeem them which is why they are a decent amount compared with most coupons like .30 off toothpaste.

Keith I

FoS
Real Name
Keith
My set doesn't have a "D" tab sticking out between the two discs either. However, I plan to use the UPC on the "copy" that covered the bonus disc so that the regular cover isn't damaged. But there are a few more titles on their list that I plan to get so I want to get as much rebate as I can.

As for PO Boxes being unacceptable, I recall a conversation I had long ago with someone at the PO saying that a PO box is not guaranteed and it's for the PO's protection. Something about people can just up and leave and stop, but mail keeps getting sent there since they don't make a change of address (or forward). The same thing can be said for home addresses but they are not as "unstable" as PO Boxes.

You may not agree with this, but in essence, this is what I was told. (Again, I don't remember the exact details.)
-

Anthony Wolfe

Stunt Coordinator
Are you guys looking in between, the strip sometimes sticks to the side of the left Tray, trust me, I was convinced that it wasn't there, and I found it, it fits in with the packaging REAL good, and you have to almost feel around for it.

Linda Thompson

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Linda

Do you have a P.O. Box at the Post Office? If so, you could always switch to someplace like Mail Boxes Etc. or The UPS Store, IF there's one near enough to you to make it a feasiable option. (I didn't find one near you thru the locator at their website.) They allow their PO Box customers to list the business' street address as a delivery address, and also provide a variety of other convenience services.

http://www.mbe.com/

http://www.mbe.com/ps/ms.html

EDIT: I just did a search on my OWN location, and NONE of the stores in my area show up...so hopefully there may be one near you after all, even though a search doesn't turn it up...

Doug^Ch

Second Unit
Thanks Linda,

That was great advice, but it was such a hassle to change my address in the first place I don't have it in me to go through it again. It seem like there are a million places to remember to send a change of address to, and invariably you forget something. I hopefully will never change my address again. I also would not like to alter my sets by tearing part of something off to send it in. There is a better way. Costco now has a unique way to handle rebates, and it is all done on line without having to send in anything. It all involves codes off your receipt and it works great. There is obviously a better way, but most companies are not interested in it, because they want to make it as difficult as possible so only a few take advantage of it. It makes them more money.

Keith I

FoS
Real Name
Keith
My copy is a regular Amaray keepcase with the extra tray that is hinged to the case. It includes an insert but there is NO strip or tab that contains the PoPs. Looks like there were different designs for the cases.
-

John McM

Second Unit
I thought I was the only person who refuses to do rebates when it includes defacing the package.

Anthony Wolfe

Stunt Coordinator
You guys when the barcode or the tabs, I think they include the tab so you won't deface the package. I mean, business is business, I really can't blame them for making it inconvenient. I don't mind paying to full price, the sets are only 22 bucks, but I'll prolly redeem the rebates once I get 6 sets, it's like paying $60 for 6 sets which is stellar.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks