1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Nicolas and Alexandra

Discussion in 'Blu-ray and UHD' started by trajan, May 5, 2010.

1. trajan

trajan Well-Known Member

Any news on this coming to bluray?

2. 24fpssean

24fpssean Well-Known Member

N&A is a great historical epic, extraordinarily beautiful and in my opinion vastly more Russian in look and feel than Zhivago, it will be spectacular on BD. The fairness of the script - neither condemning nor deifying the Romanovs is pretty remarkable but does turn some off since most people need clear cut villains and heroes.

Great film!

3. in2video2

in2video2 Member

I, too, have been wondering how the passing of the years has treated Nicholas and Alexandra? It would make for a brilliant Blu-Ray release whenever it reaches that point. Hopefully a serious revisit may be forthcoming soon.

4. ShowsOn

ShowsOn Well-Known Member

Just watched the 9 year old UK DVD of this tonight. What a wonderful epic film? It is really a F. A. Young film with Franklin Shaffner pinch hitting for David Lean. The exteriors are all just spectacular. This would make a wonderful Blu-ray with a new transfer, but sadly I just doubt that it is a high enough profile title to get the HD treatment. At the very least I hope Sony records a commentary with the two leads, even if they don't get around to doing a Blu-ray for a few years.