What's new

Nicked speaker cabinet (1 Viewer)

James Slade

Second Unit
I have Paradigm studio 100's version 1. On the top of one speaker is a small nick about 1/4 by 1/4 inch. These are the real wood veneered version in Rosenut. So the nick looks very light compared to the speaker. Any suggestions on how to make it less noticable, other than putting something on top of the speaker?

Pete Mazz

Supporting Actor
Minwax makes markers that match their stain colors. One of these about the same color would probably hide it some. You could also try some Old English or similar.

Pete

Chad Isaacs

Supporting Actor
I was hoping the nick was worse...Well,so I could get advice on how to fix mine.One of the kids knocked over one of my sf-2 and took a chip out of one of the top corners.Its a black ash finish so it stands out like a sore thumb.

Chad Isaacs

Supporting Actor
Yeah,I thought of wood filler right after I posted.I thought about how to color it and thought I would tape off the area anyway for the filler and I have some back spray paint so....

Todd Stout

Screenwriter
I have had luck using a Minwax stain color that matches as close as possible to the original finish. Just dab a rag into the can and wipe it in on the spot where the finsh is chipped off and it should blend in.
Another product you may want to look at is Howard Restor-A-Finish. This product works great at making the surface of finshed wood look new again. I have used it on scratched furniture and my mom has used it on her kitchen cabinets with surprising results. I sold paint for about 6 years and never had any complaints about this product from people that I recommended it to.
Howard's Restor-A-Finish

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks