1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Nicked speaker cabinet

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by James Slade, Feb 7, 2002.

1. James Slade

James Slade Second Unit

I have Paradigm studio 100's version 1. On the top of one speaker is a small nick about 1/4 by 1/4 inch. These are the real wood veneered version in Rosenut. So the nick looks very light compared to the speaker. Any suggestions on how to make it less noticable, other than putting something on top of the speaker?

2. Pete Mazz

Pete Mazz Supporting Actor

Minwax makes markers that match their stain colors. One of these about the same color would probably hide it some. You could also try some Old English or similar.

Pete

3. Chad Isaacs

Chad Isaacs Supporting Actor

I was hoping the nick was worse...Well,so I could get advice on how to fix mine.One of the kids knocked over one of my sf-2 and took a chip out of one of the top corners.Its a black ash finish so it stands out like a sore thumb.

4. NathanP

NathanP Supporting Actor

Awwww... Chad, you have kids?

5. Chad Isaacs

No,they have me[​IMG]

6. Pete Mazz

Pete Mazz Supporting Actor

Black magic marker? Or some wood filler and then the marker?

Pete

7. Chad Isaacs

Yeah,I thought of wood filler right after I posted.I thought about how to color it and thought I would tape off the area anyway for the filler and I have some back spray paint so....

8. Todd Stout

Todd Stout Screenwriter

I have had luck using a Minwax stain color that matches as close as possible to the original finish. Just dab a rag into the can and wipe it in on the spot where the finsh is chipped off and it should blend in.
    Another product you may want to look at is Howard Restor-A-Finish. This product works great at making the surface of finshed wood look new again. I have used it on scratched furniture and my mom has used it on her kitchen cabinets with surprising results. I sold paint for about 6 years and never had any complaints about this product from people that I recommended it to.
    Howard's Restor-A-Finish

9. Joe Richards

Joe Richards Auditioning

How about black shoe polish for the corner after the wood filler?