What's new

Nick Rewind Collection (1 Viewer)

Steve_Z

Stunt Coordinator
Pete And Pete lasted only 3 seasons? I thought it was 4. Anyway, Clarissa lasted 5 seasons.

Steve_Z

Stunt Coordinator
I don't know if this changes anything. But the Nickdisk rumor of All That being canceled has been confirmed by castmemer Lisa Foiles on her website.

http://en.wikipedia.org/All_That#Cancellation.3F

The fact that this Nickdisk rumor has proven to be fact, gives me hope that maybe just maybe the other Nickdisk rumors about the Rewind collection are true. Only time will tell.

Ben_@

Stunt Coordinator
I thought that the whole premise of the "Rewind collection" was to sell the 'classic' live action shows of the early and mid-90s? The nicktoons (Rocko, Doug, Rugrats) would then not really fit into this collection. I still hope those get released, especially Rocko.

Anyway, why would they group Kenan and Kel into the Rewind collection? I've never heard anyone mention this, aside from the fact that they were the two funniest guys on All That and are still finding work on TV.

I was hoping they could keep this collection genuinely classic. Whatever, so long as Are You Afraid of the Dark and Roundhouse get released, I'll go quietly.

Steve_Z

Stunt Coordinator
Are you saying Kenan and Kel not a classic show, not worthy of being in the Rewind Collection? It was one of the funniest shows every. Just because it was from the late 90's, doesn't make it less classic. In the U.S., Nick does not air it in reruns, so there is a demand for Kenan And Kel.

I have a link to the original source of the earlier rumor. It was started by someone named AllThat900000000.

http://forums.nickdisk.co.uk/bbBoard...48;gtid=166351

Thanks for the link, Steve_Z, because NOW I'm definitely sticking with what Josh said as HE knows people directly from Nickelodeon.

Read that thread again that you provided us the link to. Just some random person said that who never provided a working link that states what will be on the next wave, and no one is buying this rumor. This thread is five months old, going all the way back to April by the way.

Steve_Z

Stunt Coordinator
I think with All That ending. Now would be the perfect time for them to release the 1st season on DVD.

Nobody blamed anybody for anything, except perhaps AllThat90000000000000000000000000000000000000, however many zeroes there are.

Steve_Z

Stunt Coordinator
Here is an interesting article. We might be getting more Nick Rewind titles quicker than we thought. This article is about Paramount speeding up DVD releases.

Paramount to step up DVD premieres
Plans to leverage 'iconic' brand and build up film labels

SEPT. 13 | Viacom co-chief operating officer Tom Freston told investors Tuesday that Paramount Home Entertainment would step up development of DVD premiere movies and that the company has yet to fully realize its full potential in home video.

Speaking in Pasadena, Calif., at the Merrill Lynch Media and Entertainment Conference, Freston said the studio’s new film development model, meant to restore the “iconic Paramount brand to what it was,” includes building new film labels around MTV and Nickelodeon for the production of theatrical and DVD premiere movies.

Paramount still has a large film and TV library that has yet to be released on DVD, and the studio is looking at making DVD premiere acquisitions to add to its slate. Freston said the studio has yet to fully realize the upside on DVD because it has been slower to release films from its library than some of its rivals.

Freston talked down recent reports of a growth slowdown in DVD.

“That growth really should continue for quite awhile, as far out as we can see with higher growth in the international market,” he said.

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
Paramount does not use double-sided discs. I'm pretty sure it's just a poorly-worded statement meaning "two-disc set."

Nick=Ma

Stunt Coordinator

I agree. It is about the same amount of material as before. So I don't see why they would have to use double-sided discs. I really don't think they need four sides.

Season 1: 8 eps + 4 specials + 2 shorts= about 300 mins
Season 2: 13 eps + 1 special + 5 shorts= about 350 mins

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks