What's new

NHL 2005-2006 Season Game On! Discussion (1 Viewer)

Christ Reynolds

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ
and if you remember, the penguins were saying the same thing at the beginning of the year, shooting for the stanley cup. but that was with a healthy lemieux, palffy, recchi, gonchar, and crosby, most of which are no longer there, and didn't help the team win when they were.

same for the bruins, they were extremely optimistic, now look at them. i'm no fan of joe thornton, but he IS leading the nhl in scoring as of today. they traded away samsonov for two players, one of which the bruins initially drafted! also, there's no accountability on the bruins. i see the same stupid players get the same lazy and undisciplined penalties, then they are out there the next shift! and according to the "coach", it always seems to be the ref's fault. i dont remember hal gill or boynton even missing a shift after taking dumb penalties. the coach has no control over the team. if i'm jeremy jacobs, i fire everyone at the end of the year.

Christ Reynolds

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ
what a surprise. the two guys i mention for taking stupid penalties are the two guys who took stupid penalties tonight and allowed the bruins to lose a 4-2 lead, eventually losing in a shootout. boynton gets an unsporstmanlike conduct minor and a 10 minute misconduct, and on his first shift back, gets a tripping minor. why was he even on the ice?

in high school during summers, i played for a freshman/sophomore college league in boston. our coach was a total hard ass, but very fair. even if you were a star, he'd sit you for making a dumbass play more than once. if we got lazy and played pond hockey out there, we'd get yelled at and wouldn't play much of the rest of the game. by midseason, most of our team was playing very well, despite having less talent than most other teams, since they were all stacked with private school kids. we were mostly private school kids too (don bosco), but we were playing against CM, BC high, matignon... for those who know how good those high school teams are. our roster suggested we probably shouldn't have won too many games, but we took the championship.

these bruins players who take the same penalties over and over who are allowed to not miss a beat are setting a bad example for the whole team. i dont mean to single out the bruins, but it's the team i regularly see on tv. if steve kasper can get away with benching cam neely (CAM NEELY!) then why not sit hal gill's ass on the bench for a little while?

CJ

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Well you could be a Canucks fan, and have your $15M top line doing squat, while the $6M second line is the only one generating points. A five game losing skid after tonight's loss to Nashville, and they could be out of a playoff spot by the end of the week. This from a team who on paper should be dominating the conference, let alone the division. Hopefully they can at least beat Columbus before facing Detroit and three consecutive games against the Oilers, who have had their number all year. All the fans can do now is hope a team everyone thought should be cup contenders make it into the first round.

Users who are viewing this thread