What's new

NFL Season 2004-2005 Thread (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
So what's the over/under on how many downs Michael Vick will play in tonight's preseason game? I'll go 15 downs.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member

Jacksonville, not with Fred Tayler around, and the kid they just drafted in the second round this year.

How about Miami, but it would be dumb for a trade within the division.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member

Bo Jackson had a short career as a result of injury, and he was a pretty memorable back...so lets just induct all 3 of them in a special running backs with short career class.

Frank Grimes

Second Unit
I agree that it was foolish of Buffalo to draft Magahee with Henry coming off such a great season (and doing damn well last season as well, considering the horrible O-line play). I don't think they could get much for Magahee now, but I consider Henry a top 10 back, so he should be easy to get rid of if the situation gets nasty.

Patrick Larkin

Screenwriter
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif

T.O. takes it to the house - 81 yards on his FIRST play at Lincoln Financial Field.

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
Buffalo has done that before(see Drew Bledsoe).

Well the Eagles lost Buckhalter for the year last night. It looked rather innocent but he just went down when his leg collapsed.

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
Pat,
His first play won't be for 3 more weeks :) Though I have to admit he and Kearse looked great. Losing Buckhalter isn't good, but Westbrook was their plan. Donovan looked pretty good as well.

Take care,
Chuck

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, Chuck is right regarding his first play. Besides, even though Baltimore was using their first team at the time...Chris McAllister wasn't on the field because of a hold out.

Fred Tayler has been healthy now for the past couple of seasons, but really Jacksonville runs 3 deep at running back already so they wouldn't need him...although perhaps Dome, you know more than you let on...I mean you did mention Philadelphia and then they lose Buckhalter for the forseeable future.

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
Looked at some Preaseason I had Tivo'd...

The Jets looked GOOD last night. Their D is solid and very fast. They should be a nice suprise and Pennington is in a contract year..

Jacksonville's D looks GOOD as well. They manhandled Tampa

Oakland and Dallas: Oakland moved the ball pretty well via the pass. This causes some concern for the Cowboys Defense which was #1 last year.

Positives of that game were: Julius Jones is looking mighty good. Then again its preaseason. Still a 5 yard per carry average is nothing to snort about. The O-Line is much improved. No sacks against the Raiders all game. Vinny looked good. Henson looked GREAT. This guy is for real next year or this year if Vinny gets knocked out. I need to review the recording again but it came down to the wire 21-20.

Thank god for NFL network though. There is practically a game on every night :)

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
Well, the eagles might have there replacement for Buckhalter in the person of Dorsey Levens

I have to say I like the trade that the Bears made getting Ogunleye from the Dolphins for Marty Booker and a third round pick. Booker's production seems to have slipped off a bit so I don't know how he'll do trying to replace David Boston, but Ogunleye should help that Bears pass rush, he also got a 6 year 36 million dollar contract.

Chris

Senior HTF Member

In this same game, Simms looked as though he's locked up the #2 spot; Griese has been terrible all preseason.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
I don't know what to make of Cincinnati rolling New England 31-3, but the New England starters did not look good, which displeased Bellechek enough that some of them played in to the third quarter and a player or 2 from the first unit was still playing in the 4th.

Palmer did look good though which he did not against Tampa.

As for Dallas and Oakland, again Collins shows off the big arm connecting for an 89 yard touchdown pass, only thing was it was his only completion of the night. Tony Romo took a QB sneak in to the endzone with 6 seconds left to win the game, which doesn't concern me very much it was a bunch of guys not playing for either team by opening day that were in the game at that time. From what I read, Gannon looked to be his efficient self leading Oakland on a couple of long drives. I also read that for the time he was in Wheatley ran pretty well which is good news.
I have concerns still but most of them came from the first units, especially on defense, I just hope they keep improving the next couple of preseason games.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I don't put much stock in preseason games (in terms of final score), so I'm not all that concerned about NE getting rolled by the Bengals.

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
The HTF's Lone Bengals Fan (I didn't forget about you, LaMarcus and Co., but you don't come around here that often :)): The champs can have their bad days, but this was no fluke for the Bengals. Expect to see this a lot more this coming season. Thank God for Marvin Lewis. WHO DEY?! :D

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
You got another Bengals fan here. :)

A bunch of buddies of mine are going to try to go to a game this year. Is parking hard to find? I know there's that garage next to Great American, but it's awful far from the stadium.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield

Bellichek doesn't put much emphasis on preseason results, so I wouldn't be too concerned about the Pats result in this game.

As for the McGahee/Henry situation in Buffalo, I feel sorry for Travis Henry. The guy played on a broken leg for this team last season, has performed wonderfully throughout his career, and has to put up with this crap. Meanwhile, the Bills took a huge chance on McGahee, drafted him in the first round when most teams wouldn't touch him, so he gets a first round contract. Now he wants to be traded?

I do not think Dorsey Levens will offer much to Philly as Westbrook's backup. He's been slowing down the past couple of years. The Eagles need one of their other young RBs to develop into a decent backup option. Westbrook proved last year he has the talent to be a starting RB, but he will have to show that he can handle the load of being the only primary ball carrier. Last year Staley and Buckhalter combined for over 1,000 yards rushing, so they took a lot of carries off the shoulders of Westbrook, who is not very big. I doubt Philly would make an offer for Henry or McGahee, but they could use either guy.

Jacksonville does not need help at RB. As pointed out above, Taylor's been injury-free the past two years, and the Jags also drafted Greg Jones for the future.

Miami and the Cardinals both desperately need help at RB. Rumors are that the Dolphins will try to trade the draft pick they received along with Marty Booker to Cleveland for James Jackson, who is stuck behind Lee Suggs and William Green.

With Marcel Shipp being out (maybe for the season), Arizona has nothing at RB. Emmitt Smith should have retired two years ago, and the other guys are nothing better than 3rd stringers.

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
I wouldn't know, I'm a poor fan. :) A friend of mine went to the Chiefs game last year, and he didn't complain about parking, but I didn't ask about it. I'll try to remember to ask him about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks