1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

NFL 2012 Season Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Scott Merryfield, Aug 28, 2012.

1. Walter C

Walter C Well-Known Member

Walter
    Probably one of the few episodes of the "The Brady Bunch" that I remember.

I also remember him in an episode of "Wonder Woman", where he and a bunch of other NFL players started to fight with each other.

Ockeghem likes this.
  2. Ockeghem

Ockeghem Ockeghem

Scott D. Atwell
  3. Scott Merryfield

Supporter

Not sure what the Pats are going to do with a QB who cannot hit the broad side of a barn with a pass. Anyway, he will be 3rd string, at best, behind Brady and Mallett. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets cut before the start of the season.

4. Ockeghem

Ockeghem Ockeghem

Scott D. Atwell
    Scott,

That must have been one huge barn in overtime against the Steelers in the playoffs two years ago!

;)

5. RobertR

RobertR Well-Known Member

Even a sub 50% passer makes some throws LOL

6. Scott Merryfield

Supporter

That sums it up.

For the record, here are the lowest completion percentages in a season since the advent of the 16-game schedule in 1978 (minimum 250 passing attempts):

1 Rusty Hilger 1988 0.4122 Doug Williams 1979 0.4183 Jay Schroeder 1988 0.4414 Akili Smith 2000 0.4425 Vince Evans 1981 0.4476 Heath Shuler 1994 0.4537 Steve Deberg 1978 0.4548 Tim Tebow 2011 0.4639 Mark Malone 1987 0.46410 Craig Whelihan 1998 0.466

Tebow had the lowest completion percentage since 2000 in a league that is now a pass happy / passing friendly league.

7. schan1269

schan1269 HTF Expert
    HW Reviewer

Sam
    Are the Jets actually keeping the King of the butt-fumble?

8. Scott Merryfield

Supporter

If you mean Sanchez, I think the salary cap hit to release him this year is pretty severe. He will probably remain on the roster for that reason alone. There is no way any team is going to trade for him with that contract.

9. Ockeghem

Ockeghem Ockeghem

Scott D. Atwell
    Scott and Schan,This may help:

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/new-york-jets/mark-sanchez/

Scott Merryfield likes this.
  10. Scott Merryfield

Supporter

I do not know who here has been following the Aaron Hernandez story, but the crap really hit the fan today. Not only was he arrested (charges have not been made public yet), but the Patriots then released him! The latter development would lead me to believe that the charges are more than just obstruction of justice.

From a football standpoint, there must be some salary cap implications for New England on this, as I think Hernandez signed a contract extension not too long ago.

11. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

Maybe the Patriots found out Tebow can run routes and catch the football... :D

12. ponset

ponset Well-Known Member

scott
    I think Tebow needs a new vocation, Prison Ministery.
    Only Tebow can save Hernandz now.

13. Scott Merryfield

Supporter

Maybe Tebow is the reason for Hernandez's downfall. After all, he didn't get arrested until after Tebow signed with the Pats. Coincidence or not? :rolleyes:

Seriously, the story continues to grow more amazing as details come out. Now he is suspected of killing two people last July, and supposedly killed Ortiz because he was blabbing to some others about it at a night club. If these accusations prove to be true, Hernandez will go down in history as one of the worst criminals in American sports history... along with being one of the dumbest. The trail of evidence he left behind in this most recent killing is so blatant that even Inspector Clouseau could follow it.