What's new

NFL 2011 Regular Season Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Patrick Sun said:
Sean Payton getting rolled up on the sidelines was a bit gruesome.
I can't figure out why he didn't move. You see a group of giant football players coming your way at full speed...get out of the way. Can someone explain to me the point of the "throwback" uniforms? The Packers looked ridiculous this week (as does any team that wears theirs). I just don't get it.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Patrick Sun said:
The Jim and Jim huff-puff was so silly. But I hope they get fined for their dust-up.
I agree. They both acted like a couple of teenage girls. Very petty stuff.
Malcolm R said:
Can someone explain to me the point of the "throwback" uniforms? The Packers looked ridiculous this week (as does any team that wears theirs). I just don't get it.
It's called merchandising -- another opportunity to sell more NFL apparel to the masses. It's all about $$$$.

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Malcolm R said:
I can't figure out why he didn't move. You see a group of giant football players coming your way at full speed...get out of the way. Can someone explain to me the point of the "throwback" uniforms? The Packers looked ridiculous this week (as does any team that wears theirs). I just don't get it.
I prefer the Packers' throwback uniforms over their standard uniform by a LARGE margin so I'm all for the throwbacks. Besides it's kind of fun to see the styles of the old uniforms.

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
Well the Raiders season is over unless some miracle happens. Too bad they clearly were the 2nd best team in the West before the season started but now they may finish last.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Originally Posted by Patrick_S

Well the Raiders season is over unless some miracle happens. Too bad they clearly were the 2nd best team in the West before the season started but now they may finish last.

Boller will lead them to the promise land.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Robert Crawford said:

Boller will lead them to the promise land.

Not even the Raiders front office believes that. They already have spoken with Cincy regarding Carson Palmer (not going to happen because Mike Brown is too stubborn), David Garrard and Josh McCown. There are also rumors of trade talks with Denver regarding Kyle Orton -- Al Davis is probably turning over in his grave over those. Garrard told Oakland he has a herniated disc and is scheduled for surgery, so he's not available. There are not many other choices out there, but the Raiders need to sign someone. Terrell Pryor is the only other QB on the roster, and he's a long term project -- and that's being kind.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Originally Posted by Scott Merryfield

Not even the Raiders front office believes that. They already have spoken with Cincy regarding Carson Palmer (not going to happen because Mike Brown is too stubborn), David Garrard and Josh McCown. There are also rumors of trade talks with Denver regarding Kyle Orton -- Al Davis is probably turning over in his grave over those. Garrard told Oakland he has a herniated disc and is scheduled for surgery, so he's not available.
There are not many other choices out there, but the Raiders need to sign someone. Terrell Pryor is the only other QB on the roster, and he's a long term project -- and that's being kind.

I was joking Scott! I watched the game on Sunday and Boller was awful.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Originally Posted by Patrick_S
Maybe they should just start Lechler. He has a hell of a QB rating.

His pass was better than most throws from Boller in the Browns game.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Robert Crawford said:
I was joking Scott!  I watched the game on Sunday and Boller was awful.

I figured you were, Robert. I was just throwing out a little more info on the situation. I also heard they are considering Troy Smith, who would be just another warm body in case Boller gets hurt. It's too bad that Garrard is not healthy. He could have given them at least the same level of play as Campbell did. Personally, I'd love to see Pryor play. As a Wolverines fan, it would be great to watch a former Buckeye play like crap. :laugh:

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
The Raiders appear to be getting Carson Palmer for a king's ransom. As a Raider fan I don't like giving up #1 draft choices.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Robert Crawford said:
The Raiders appear to be getting Carson Palmer for a king's ransom. As a Raider fan I don't like giving up #1 draft choices.
I just saw this reported from various sources. The Raiders give up a 1st round pick in 2012, along with a 2nd round pick in 2013 that can conditionally be upgraded to a 1st round pick based on Palmer's play. Wow! That's a lot to give up for a QB who's been a shell of his former self since his knee injury a couple of years ago. Palmer is only 32 years old, so he's not over the hill. But still... wow! I guess Mike Brown is not completely incompetent after all.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Originally Posted by Scott Merryfield

I just saw this reported from various sources. The Raiders give up a 1st round pick in 2012, along with a 2nd round pick in 2013 that can conditionally be upgraded to a 1st round pick based on Palmer's play.
Wow! That's a lot to give up for a QB who's been a shell of his former self since his knee injury a couple of years ago. Palmer is only 32 years old, so he's not over the hill. But still... wow! I guess Mike Brown is not completely incompetent after all.

However, Hue needs to stick to coaching and the Raiders need to hire a real GM.

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
That is way too much to give up but I guess they think there is a real chance of the playoffs so they are going for it now.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
It's also becoming apparent how badly Peyton Manning has sabotaged the Colts franchise by refusing to allow any development of a back-up quarterback. Hopefully Colts management will remove their lips from Manning's butt and begin to make decisions to accomplish what's necessary for the future of the team, rather than letting Peyton run the franchise.

Nathan_F

Second Unit
Real Name
Nathan
Um, Malcolm, can you tell me exactly what a backup QB has ANYTHING to do with giving up 62 points? Also note that before yesterday's game, Curtis Painter was the #4 rated QB in the AFC.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
It has more to do with only scoring 7 points while giving up 62, and being 0-6 for the year. A team should have a plan to function without its starting QB, especially when he's getting old and creaky.

Nathan_F

Second Unit
Real Name
Nathan
So 62-21 would have been better? I disagree. The next man up plan for QB has been "okay." Painter hasn't been great, but he hasn't given away the farm either. Of course there's going to be a drop off from Peyton, but Painter has done, yes, "okay."

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks