What's new

NFL 2008 Offseason Thread (1 Viewer)

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Only if he can stay healthy, which Jones has failed to do since he entered the league. Also, the Bears look to be almost equally as bad as the Lions this season, so that $10 is no sure bet. ;)

Bob McLaughlin

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob
I'm getting a little nervous about this season for my Steelers. There are distractions about the team ownership. Casey Hampton is too fat to practice. The punter just got a season-ending injury. And Polamalu has yet another hamstring injury (although they are downplaying it). The Browns are looking strong. Ravens and Bengals never give games away either. I know it's just pre-season hand-wringing, but damn our schedule looks tough this year!

Bob McLaughlin

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob
Yeah, I've always liked Brett Favre but I have to wonder what he was thinking. Was he just feeling pressure to make a decision earlier this year when he "retired", or is he just the capricious self-serving scatterbrain he appears to be now?

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter

I would think he is that, after insisting on going to a division rival, and not bothering to talk to the Jets or Bucs.

Alex-C

Screenwriter

Good #&*^%$!@ riddance !

or as we like to call him, the man who would ruin an AFC Divisional playoff game.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Our latest national nightmare is over: Favre to be traded to the Jets for a conditional draft pick (dependent on how successful Favre is this season for the Jets). Pennington to be traded or released as early as today (Thursday).

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
It appears the Packers won this battle with Favre. Not only do they not deal him to division rival Minnesota, but they send him to a non-contender in the other conference instead of to possible contender Tampa.

The Madden curse is alive and well!

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
It is pretty ridiculous. Now Favre's remembered legacy will likely be struggling along for a couple of seasons with a sub-par team, setting records for interceptions and fumbles, rather than the elite QB he used to be.

Ron Reda

Senior HTF Member

How do you figure? The Jets spent in excess of $100M on free agent upgrades to address weaknesses and to solidify their move to the 3-4 which obviously didn't work with the previous personnel. Not only that, they also had an excellent draft to boot and now signed a future HoF QB. Non-contender? I think not. The Jets will at the very least make the playoffs.

ZacharyTait

Senior HTF Member
^^^Sarcasm dectector working....working....inconclusive.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Lions beat the Giants in glorified practice, I mean preseason game #1.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield

Sorry, but I do not think that team is good enough to make the playoffs in the tough AFC, with or without Favre. The Pats will win the division, so the Jets would be competing for one of two wildcard spots. Those wildcards will probably come from the AFC South and/or AFC North.

Ron Reda

Senior HTF Member

IMO, the Pats have a chink in their armor...their secondary is pretty banged up and their defense is old and getting slower every day. Does that mean the Jets are gonna beat them? Maybe/maybe not, but I DO feel that with the Jets' somewhat easy schedule, the Pats are ripe for the pickings.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks