What's new

Next wave of Disney Treasures! (1 Viewer)

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Here is where I say Disney cannot win. The title is called Chronological Donald. If they left the cartoons out, people would say they are making me buy a set I don't want. If they leave them in, people say they are making me double-dip.
Come on, guys. Disney is doing the right thing here. We should be congratulating them, not bashing them.

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Agreed!

I, for one, love a complete Donald set. So some of the different "themes" on all these different Disney sets are causing overlap? So what? The price is still right for all of them, and I doubt if they would (could) cost substantially less (and the result be more acceptable) if each and every double appearance of a specific cartoon were removed.
And removed on which one? That would be a tricky decision in itself.

Cees

ZackR

Supporting Actor
I agree. Disney is doing exactly the right thing. This way, if someone just wants to get all the Donald Duck stuff, they can - without having to buy another set. Disney is doing it right in my opinion.

Jeff Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
I wish they would have done this with the Goofy set, instead of having to buy that Behind the Scenes DVD to get "How to Ride a Horse".

Lars Vermundsberget

Supporting Actor
Some overlap is no problem. IMO, buying the treasures is a very good deal one way or the other.

But I won't quite believe they'll include "Der Fuehrer's Face" until I see it.

Brenton

Screenwriter
That makes sense. I didn't really think about what it would be like from the point of view of someone who didn't have or wasn't interested in the Front Lines set.

Kenny Neal

Stunt Coordinator
Sorry Lars! In that context, I know what you mean-- I don't expect all the WWII shorts to be on the character sets either.

John Mansor

Stunt Coordinator
Looking forward to these on the Rareties set.

"Ben and Me", and "Freewayphobia" #'s 1 and 2.

Still not crazy about the title, "Disney Rarities". I guess it isn't a big deal just seems like a weak name.

Steven Wesley

Second Unit
Real Name
Steve
Personally, I'm bummed we won't see the return of the blue bands around the tins. Looks that that tradition was officially killed in the last wave. Still, that doesn't detract from the quality of these sets.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew

Now that Roy Disney is back into the fold as "director emeritus" (which hopefully means something more than a mascot), maybe wave 6 will have them.

streeter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
Yeah, those blue bands were the only way to tell what the titles were on the spine (unless you got removed the cases from the tins).

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member
Meh, less and less excited about these with each wave. I'll pick up Donald 2, and maybe the disc of one offs (I think we had a few of those on a set of VHS tapes from way back), but definitely not the full set. Any idea how long they're planning on doing these for? There's still a lot of material left, but it would seem that they're running out of shorts featuring the "big guns" (one, maybe two more Donalds)? Are they just going to get more and more esoteric?

Reagan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Reagan
Michael,

I just noticed your signature. What a great idea. I'll definitely be buying a copy.

Sorry for the off-topic comment.

-Reagan

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I'm with Chris, the weirder these Treasures get, the neater they are. I couldn't get too enthused to watch "The Mickey Mouse" club from the last wave, leaving it on my shelf until this weekend. I ended up loving it, although I'll probably never find out if that kid got to fly the plane, as the serial wasn't completed. As a result, I'm looking forwardto the "Spin And Marty" disc.

Yup, I ahven't been disappointed with the content of a Treasure yet, just the packaging change on the last wave. But I can live with it, as long as the content remains.

John Mansor

Stunt Coordinator
My only complaint is that they didn't do "Real-Life Adventures" this wave. That was one I was really looking forward to. I remember those fondly from elementary school. Maybe it will be one of the first Disney Treasures in HD.

PaulP

Senior HTF Member
The Treasures are now up for preorder over at Amazon. Got my Donald and Rarities sets preordered already! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks