What's new

Next wave of Disney Treasures! (1 Viewer)

Lars Vermundsberget

Supporting Actor
Quote: "I think someone on another forum had some reliable information indicating that Donald Volume 2 would include shorts from the years 1942-1947. They may be able to fit the rest in another volume."

I had a quick count and found about 33 DD shorts from 1942-47 - not including the ones from them Front Lines set. Add most of those and we're up to about 40.

DD 1948-56 amounts to about 45 shorts, which could fit quite well into one volume.

Then what about Donald in Mathmagic Land? Is that going to be too much for Volume 3? And are there more (and longer) post-1956 DD titles?

So I'm still not sure about how many DD volumes to expect.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
A WDW set would be good, too. According to Bill Cotter's book, the following TV or film programs set in or about WDW were made (not counting the numerous annual holiday parades) (* indicates it aired on the anthology series):

—The Grand Opening Of Walt Disney World (90 minutes, 10/29/1971, NBC)
—The Magic of Walt Disney World (1972, aired on TV in an extended version in 1974)
—The [New] Mousketeers at Walt Disney World (11/20/1977, NBC)*
—Christmas at Walt Disney World (12/10/1978, NBC)*
—A Dream Called Walt Disney World (1980 video promoting the park, aired on TV in 1982)
—Kraft Salutes Walt Disney World's 10th Anniversary (1/21/1982, CBS)
—Florida's Disney Decade (10/2/1981, Syndicated)
—EPCOT Center: The Opening Celebration (10/23/1982, CBS)*
—Walt Disney World's 15th Birthday Celebration (2 hours, 11/9/1986, ABC)*
—The Disney-MGM Studios Theme Park Grand Opening (4/30/1989, NBC)*
—The Muppets at Walt Disney World (5/6/1990, NBC)*
—The Dream Is Alive: the 20th Anniversary Celebration of Walt Disney World (10/25/1991, CBS)
—Walt Disney World: 20 Magical Years (5/11/1992, Syndicated)
—Walt Disney World Journey into Magic (5/23/1993, Syndicated)*

I imagine there may be repetition of content between these programs, so they should pick and choose the most important and entertaining ones.

The film of Walt Disney himself describing the EPCOT project (which never came to fruition as he imagined it) has already been released in its entirety.

There's at least as much material on Disneyland still to be released, but many of these specials have pop music stars, and unless they're singing Disney songs, there's bound to be licensing obstacles.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I'll get all of these in the wave. There is still a while to wait for an official announcment, so we could still get TLA, some of the previous waves had surprise announcements.

Speaking of waves, I thought there was supposed to be 2 waves a year of these as well as the Platinum collections. I guess not, which is a real bummer, as this is the only Disney product I get excited to buy.

Ernest Rister

Senior HTF Member
Well - you get Bambi in a couple of weeks. It's no "Swamp Fox" or "Spin & Marty", but it's still pretty good.

;)

Ernest Rister

Senior HTF Member
Disney Rarities

These could be:

Laugh-O-Grams (at least "Puss in Boots" and "Cinderella" are known to survive)

Tommy Tucker's Tooth - animated ad for a local dentist in Kansas City

Alice shorts: Alice's Wonderland and many others are still around

Unreleased cartoons, like:

Ferdinand the Bull
The Pelican and the Snipe
Figaro and Frankie
Bubble Bee
The Brave Engineer (seen on Disney's American Legends)
Morris the Midget Moose
Lambert the Sheepish Lion
Susie the Little Blue Coupe (unlockable bonus cartoon on Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad)
The Little House
Melody (found on Fantasia Anthology)
Football (Now and Then)
Toot, Whistle, Plunk and Boom (found on Fantasia Anthology)
Ben and Me
Pigs is Pigs
Casey Bats Again
Social Lion
Jack and Old Mac
A Cowboy Needs a Horse
The Truth About Mother Goose
Paul Bunyan (previously released on American Legends)
Noah's Ark (stop-motion)
Goliath II
The Saga of Windwagon Smith
A Symposium on Popular Songs
Scrooge McDuck and Money
Donald in Mathmagic Land
Dad, Can I Borrow the Car?
It's Tough to be a Bird
The Small One
Vincent (previously released on Nightmare BC: SE)
Fun with Mr. Future
Off his Rockers
Petal to the Metal (Bonkers cartoon)
Redux Riding Hood
Three Little Pigs (remake)
Paracycling (Goofy cartoon)
Skating the Half Pipe (Goofy cartoon)
Timon and Pumba in Stand By Me

Adam_S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam_S
I saw disney rarities and immediately thought of the Jiminy Cricket educational shorts, I can still hear the 'you are a human animal' song in my head. Those, the Goofy Olympics, skiing and exercise short, A cowboy needs a horse, the Little house and some donald stuff were on a tape my parents made off teh disney channel when I was little. There were a couple other docu/fiction things I absolutely loved and would like to see again like "Mister, The Lovesick Moose" and "The Hound that Thought he was a Raccoon"

I'll buy Spin and Marty for completion sake, but I don't have much interest in it, however since I have the other 14...

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
ultimatedisney.com has a new update:

July 27, 2005 - New information has come in on this December's Wave 5 of the Walt Disney Treasures from emcee Leonard Maltin himself. On his website, Maltin writes that Walt Disney Rarities will contain "all Walt's one-shot cartoons and a handful of his silent Alice comedies", Spin and Marty's tin will hold the complete first season serial ("The Adventures of Spin and Marty") and the entire "Mickey Mouse Club" episode which introduced it, and Legendary Heroes will consist of episodes from the live action adventures Elfego Baca and The Swamp Fox, which aired on weekly anthology "Walt Disney Presents" in the late '50s and early '60s. As previously reported, the fourth title in the batch, The Chronological Donald, Volume 2 will continue to deliver Donald Duck's cartoon shorts from the 1940s.

Charlie O.

Supporting Actor
Gee...does this mean just about every short from the Front Lines Treasure will be duplicated on another Treasure?

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member
What does everyone think of the Spin and Marty set?

Does anyone feel it will be a real big seller? I'll admit, they were before my time. And, in the past 50 years, other than Vault Disney airings, they haven't had a lot of exposure.

The rarities one sounds excellent though.

PaulaJ

Supporting Actor
Are they ever going to do The Fighting Prince of Donegal? I LOVED that movie as a kid. I haven't seen it in decades and I suspect it wouldn't have the same impact on me as an adult -- but I still want it!. :)

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
Not yet.

I'm not sold on the two live-action entires this time around though and I have to admit it's the first wave (I've been collecting/supporting since the very first release) in which I've ever questioned a purchase.

Can anyone offer a little more info on the two live-action sets, apart from them being serials; could anyone offer a comparisson to another show or production of the era as referance perhaps? Suggestions, opinions, etc.

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks