What's new

Next on the hit list: Virgin Megastores; all U.S. outlets to close (1 Viewer)

Todd Hochard

Senior HTF Member
That's a big hole to fill in Downtown Disney in Orlando. I mean that literally, though- big store, but the prices were obscene.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
From the linked story....

This is just crazy. Commercial real estate is going to follow residential real estate over a cliff, with both sales prices and occupancy rates sure to follow. I'll bet there may not be any "new tenants" for these locations, much less ones paying "higher rents".

John Kilduff

Screenwriter
Wow, first Pleasure Island and now the Virgin Megastore. On the upside, I'll be saving a good amount of money. On the downside, I loved shopping there. It was just such an amazing place. I didn't care much about the prices. I had hundreds of dollars with me to spend on DVDs, CDs and books. Now it's coming to an end.

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...

As long as stores like F.Y.E and Barnes & Noble are still open, I'll be okay, though.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
FYE has closed two of their four locations within 50 miles of me over the past few months. Seemed a little odd, as both seemed to be in high-traffic locations and I hadn't heard any announcements about FYE closing stores.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Wow, I don't buy from iTunes, but if more of these stores go out of business that might be the only option left! :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks