What's new

Next Hanna-Barbera set? (1 Viewer)

Greg Chenoweth

Supporting Actor
Ejanss said:
Yeah: Is the condition of Quick Draw McGraw still beyond salvage?

(And no, I'm not being ironic: This was one of the funnier "early" ones, despite being singled out for special school-bullying during CN's HB-demonizing phase.)
QUICK DRAW McGRAW has music rights issues that are not getting resolved right away. It has nothing to do with restoration.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
Around the middle of Last year The Chatanooga Cats was rumored as being worked on and restored to its full one hour version. Late last year Boomerang was showing the full one hour version which backs that up somewhat. So I think we could see that show this year.
MattPriceTime said:
Okay i think that's about it as far we know for rumors on the HB world of things. Did i miss any?

MattPriceTime

Second Unit
Real Name
Matthew Price
I don't remember them ever saying Cattanooga Cats was started. I remember asking them if it would be in the hour format, and they said it most likely would be when they started it, which at the time they haven't. Unless i missed a post within the last while or so i never remember that being said to be under way. But at the same time a year is a good amount of time. If they keep to trying to cover all the bases then they are running out of Funny animal specials, so if the older ones are going to be longer waits then Cattanooga Cats, CB Bears, etc would be prime candidates to go to work on.

Where's huddles is further down the poll. The 3 i mentioned are ones that scored higher on the respective polls then ones that have been released/started or said to be worked on.

Saturday Supercade is in rights limbo. WB doesn't own a lot of the segments. They more than likely are going to try everything they can with the parties to license them if possible. If they can't after a period, then they would probably release what they have, but given the chance they will probably put it off as long as they can to try and stall for time to negotion.

Greg Chenoweth

Supporting Actor
The upcoming set in May: THE BEST OF WARNER BROS.: HANNA-BARBERA, includes episodes from shows that have been rumored to be coming out some time by Warner Archive. First off, there is an episode of HUCKLEBERRY HOUND followed by WALLY GATOR, LIPPY THE LION and TOUCHE TURTLE. There is also ATOM ANT and SECRET SQUIRREL as well as THE CHATANOOGA CATS (It's the Wolf, It's The Wolf). WA also said a couple of years ago that LOOPY de LOOP was ready for release whenever they wanted to release it. Most of the shows on the set already have full releases through WHV or WA: FLINTSTONES, JETSONS, TOP CAT, HERCULOIDS, SPACE GHOST, FRANKENSTEIN JR & THE IMPOSSIBLES, YOGI BEAR, MAGILLA GORILLA, etc.

The only ones on the set that have not been rumored are: QUICK DRAW McGRAW (: , ABBOT AND COSTELLO and RUFF AND REDDY.

Just like the SATURDAY MORNING CARTOON sets that came out a few years ago, these compilation sets usually end up seeing most, if not all, of the shows coming out on home video. I wonder if Warner Brothers uses these sampler sets as advertising to try to generate more sales of what is available in the market place and to create demand for the ones that are not.

Towergrove

Screenwriter
Real Name
Sarah
Does anyone know about the new Superfriends set thats in the Target ad? It says Target aexclusive? Its 9.99 I believe.

derosa

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Grant
wow, great catch!

I looked around, and found that wikipedia says it's the 79-80 'world's greatest super friends'
Target exclusive April 23.

The World's Greatest Super Friends episodes TARGET EXCLUSIVE(Release date APRIL 23, 2013) Season 4: 1979–1980

[*]Format: Box set, Closed-captioned, Color, Dubbed, DVD-Video, Full Screen, Subtitled, NTSC
[*]Language: English, Spanish
[*]Subtitles: English, French, Spanish
[*]Region: Region 1 (U.S. and Canada only)
[*]Aspect Ratio: 1.33:1
[*]Number of discs: 1
[*]Rating: Not Rated
[*]Studio: Warner Home Video
[*]Run time: minutes
[/list]This single-disc set contains all 8 episodes from the season.

[*]"Rub Three Times for Disaster"
[*]"Lex Luthor Strikes Back"
[*]"The Space Knights of Camelon"
[*]"The Lord of Middle Earth"
[*]"The Universe of Evil"
[*]"Terror at 20,000 Fathoms"
[*]"The Super Friends Meet Frankenstein"
[*]The Planet of Oz"
[/list]

Towergrove said:
Does anyone know about the new Superfriends set thats in the Target ad? It says Target aexclusive? Its 9.99 I believe.

derosa

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Grant
found a picture:

super friends target.jpg

Ejanss

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
EricJ
Greg Chenoweth said:
Are these the missing SUPERFRIENDS episodes that have never been released on DVD?
Think they were released on DVD at one point, weren't they?

JMFabianoRPL

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
James Fabiano
Really? The World's Greatest Superfriends is finally on DVD? GREAT news! And no, this is one of the remaining two seasons that have not been put on DVD, actually. (the other being the last of the "missing" shorts, I believe from 1980-81. The "lost episodes" set that did come out was from '82-'83, I think...or did I mix that up?)

Nebiroth

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Richard Gregory
There's more than eight episodes not on DVD. AFAIK:

This is "Season Four" which has not had a previous release.

But "Season Five" and "Season Six" have also not had a DVD release, but "Season Seven" has - in the "Lost Episodes" set.

These are the 1980-1983 episodes and are the biggest gap. This series added yet another "ethnic diversity" hero, El Dorado - previously we got Black Vulcan, Apache Chief and Samurai

But, oh dear lord, a Target exclusive..these things are hell on earth for non-US folks. Just like Best Buy, they don;t ship outside of the US! Aah!

Doesn't seem to have appeared on Target's website either.

An in-store only set? eurgh, even worse!

derosa

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Grant
Nebiroth said:
But, oh dear lord, a Target exclusive..these things are hell on earth for non-US folks. Just like Best Buy, they don;t ship outside of the US! Aah!

Doesn't seem to have appeared on Target's website either.

An in-store only set? eurgh, even worse!
Well, Target has stores open in Canada now, so I plan to check it out on Tuesday.
The exclusive that Target has on this type of release is usually just for a few months
before it goes to wider release. I remember Laff-A-Lympics getting an exclusive
disc from Target too.

Ejanss

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
EricJ
JMFabianoRPL said:
Really? The World's Greatest Superfriends is finally on DVD? GREAT news! And no, this is one of the remaining two seasons that have not been put on DVD, actually. (the other being the last of the "missing" shorts, I believe from 1980-81. The "lost episodes" set that did come out was from '82-'83, I think...or did I mix that up?)
Think I remember seeing the Oz and Middle Earth episodes (snicker!), among others, on a Warner disk near the end of their original run of Superfriends series, so I know at least one volume of the "long" episodes came out at some point--
The shorts may still be missing, though, that would be a find.

derosa

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Grant
The Target website has the flyer up now. (april 21st)

I sent a note to David at tvshowsondvd and he said they knew
about this one coming, but they don't report on the stories about
exclusive retailer releases. (?) not sure why.

Found a better picture of the dvd cover.
super_friends.jpg

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
It is great news that Roman Hollidays is coming out, so that leaves the following:

1. Tarzan (there is rumor that this is coming out shortly)

2. New Adventures of Gilligan

3. Banana Split

I like to hear more on what is happening with the following:

1. My favoritie martian
2. Brady Kids
3. Partridge Family 2200AD
4. Jeannie

I realize sony, paramount, etc have the rights, but it would be nice to see those sets released. I also would love to see these our the days or skatebirds or clue club or captain caveman released. I have over 45 cartoons now, but there are some i am still looking to purchased

Nebiroth

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Richard Gregory
I'm assuming TVShowsOnDVD don't report such exclusives because they would, essentially, be doing free adverts for the store - in this case Target.

Nebiroth

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Richard Gregory
derosa said:
The Target website has the flyer up now. (april 21st)
Link, please? Target's search system is dire. Is this release available for order online or is it just an advert?

Hard to believe any release this side of the stone age would be instore only, but you never know!

derosa

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Grant
Nebiroth said:
Link, please? Target's search system is dire. Is this release available for order online or is it just an advert?

Hard to believe any release this side of the stone age would be instore only, but you never know!
www.target.com (just click the image of the flyer on the main page, lower left side of the page)

It doesn't say if it's going to be for sale on-line, the flyer says it will be in stores on tuesday.
ad.jpg

MattPriceTime

Second Unit
Real Name
Matthew Price
Well that Super Friends news was unexpected, but is great news to see that hope is not dead on the WHV side of the cause.

And let's not forget, Roman Holidays are on sale tomorrow and Tom and Jerry Kids Season 1 is out in stores next week.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks