What's new

Next Hanna-Barbera set? (4 Viewers)

Towergrove

Screenwriter
Real Name
Sarah
ClassicTVMan1981X said:
I honestly couldn't tell you... I don't work for Warner Archive.

~Ben
Could someone please point me to the quote or forum post "even copy post" that indicates WA cutbacks or financial issues. The only cutbacks I can find coming from Warner are those from Turner Television division which includes TCM TNT and Cartoon Network. The cutbacks dont cover home video at Warner Archive.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
I decided to watch Space Ghost and Dino Boy this week. I was a huge Space Ghost fan growing up as such it is always a treat to watch the show again on dvd.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
I am looking at order Gilligan's Planet as I like to have the set for my DVD collection. I would welcome input from those who have bought the set as to the quality of the episodes.

Towergrove

Screenwriter
Real Name
Sarah
younger1968 said:
I am looking at order Gilligan's Planet as I like to have the set for my DVD collection. I would welcome input from those who have bought the set as to the quality of the episodes.
I own the Collection and I'm very happy with the quality of the episodes.

nigel19

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
nigel
Boomerang in the UK has been airing the New Scooby Doo Movies so I've transferred 3 of them to dvd which are not part of the 15 episode dvd collection .
Clearance issues I think was the problem.

The 3 featured Sonny & Cher , Sandy Duncan and Phyllis Diller.
Who did the voices because Cher really sounds like Cher.

I started recording them a bit late so I may have missed some of the others but its on series link now so when they air it again I'll record them as it does not look like Warner are able to give us the rest.

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
nigel19 said:
Boomerang in the UK has been airing the New Scooby Doo Movies so I've transferred 3 of them to dvd which are not part of the 15 episode dvd collection .
Clearance issues I think was the problem.

The 3 featured Sonny & Cher , Sandy Duncan and Phyllis Diller.
Who did the voices because Cher really sounds like Cher.

I started recording them a bit late so I may have missed some of the others but its on series link now so when they air it again I'll record them as it does not look like Warner are able to give us the rest.
With the exception of the Three Stooges, I think all the celebrities did their own voices.

Nebiroth

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Richard Gregory
You're lucky to get the Sandy Duncan one. Boomerang have been repeating these regularly for about thelast ten years, and up until about a year ago they showed every single one except the one with Sandy Duncan. It used to be in the TV listings and they would invariably show the Sonny and Cher episode instead.

It was with astonishment that it actually, finally turned up last year...for the first time! I think they must have had a mislisting at Boomerang or something, and someone finally noticed they had the Sonny and Cher one under two entries or something.

Yep, except for Laurel and Hardy (deceased) and the Three Stooges (either deceased or unable to perform, Larry Fine had a stroke that affected his speech), the guest stars voiced themselves. Batman was not voiced by Adam West...although the Batmobile is distinctly familiar...

The other cartoon guest stars were from other HB cartoon shows of their own (like Speedbuggy or the Pussycats) and were generally voiced by the same artists. The Addams Family appeared as they were from their own animated show and like that show were voiced by the Addams Family live version.

nigel19

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
nigel
Nebiroth said:
You're lucky to get the Sandy Duncan one. Boomerang have been repeating these regularly for about thelast ten years, and up until about a year ago they showed every single one except the one with Sandy Duncan. It used to be in the TV listings and they would invariably show the Sonny and Cher episode instead.

It was with astonishment that it actually, finally turned up last year...for the first time! I think they must have had a mislisting at Boomerang or something, and someone finally noticed they had the Sonny and Cher one under two entries or something.

Yep, except for Laurel and Hardy (deceased) and the Three Stooges (either deceased or unable to perform, Larry Fine had a stroke that affected his speech), the guest stars voiced themselves. Batman was not voiced by Adam West...although the Batmobile is distinctly familiar...

The other cartoon guest stars were from other HB cartoon shows of their own (like Speedbuggy or the Pussycats) and were generally voiced by the same artists. The Addams Family appeared as they were from their own animated show and like that show were voiced by the Addams Family live version.

I've tried several times over the years to plug the gaps of the Warner set but each time I remember to record them they inevitably run ones already on dvd .
I'm quite pleased to get 3 this time as I think I only recorded about 6 or 7 before they ended.
I do wish they'd leave the ad breaks in the proper place . Sometimes they do but sometimes they place it in the middle of a scene which makes it awkward as they are usually half a second late with the switch back to 4:3.

Curiously , when viewed normally on my tv set via HDMI these episodes do not display correctly . The image is 4:3 but the edges of the left and right sides are chopped off so part of the Boomerang logo is missing.

Fortunately viewing via the RGB scart connection the display is fine into my Pioneer dvd recorder . I had planned to dump that when I got my Panasonic Bluray recorder but the new Panny models incredibly do not accept an RGB input - only S-video or Video . So I retain the Pioneer purely for getting RGB images off Tivo to dvd

Towergrove

Screenwriter
Real Name
Sarah
nigel19 said:
I've tried several times over the years to plug the gaps of the Warner set but each time I remember to record them they inevitably run ones already on dvd .
I'm quite pleased to get 3 this time as I think I only recorded about 6 or 7 before they ended.
I do wish they'd leave the ad breaks in the proper place . Sometimes they do but sometimes they place it in the middle of a scene which makes it awkward as they are usually half a second late with the switch back to 4:3.

Curiously , when viewed normally on my tv set via HDMI these episodes do not display correctly . The image is 4:3 but the edges of the left and right sides are chopped off so part of the Boomerang logo is missing.

Fortunately viewing via the RGB scart connection the display is fine into my Pioneer dvd recorder . I had planned to dump that when I got my Panasonic Bluray recorder but the new Panny models incredibly do not accept an RGB input - only S-video or Video . So I retain the Pioneer purely for getting RGB images off Tivo to dvd
I was fortunate to get all the missing Scooby Movies a few years ago off Boomerang. Studios need to wise up as I would have purchased them if they were released to the public via physical means. I also did the same for Wait Til Your Father Gets Home Series 2 when it aired several years ago on Boomerang. We want to complete our collections and sometimes have to find other means to do so which is unfortunate for the studios.

cheneekoo

Agent
Real Name
Chen
CB Bears Episodes.

CB Bears also Featured Blast Off Buzzard, Posse Impossible, Heyyy, It's the King, Shake Rattle and Roll and Undercover Elephant.

Any idea if any of the mention episodes can be bought or downloaded.

Mark Y

Screenwriter
Regarding the CB Bears -- some time back IIRC they had "Heyyy, It's The King" listed by itself as part of a poll for Hanna-Barbera properties to be released. That suggests to me that the "powers that be" weren't thinking sbout releasing the series in its original one-hour form. Funny thing is, until then I was unaware any of the segments had been split into separate shows in reruns. I don't know of any parts of the show having been offered as downloads of released to DVD, but they did release a VHS compilation of "Posse Impossible" back in the 1980s.

cheneekoo

Agent
Real Name
Chen
First of all Mark, thank you for your detailed input.

Second, you're right about Posse Impossible, I have it in VHS format.

It's a pity that the shows contained in CB Bears aren't available today, since I'm sure there are many like me that would like to watch them again in a better format like DVD.

If you're interested in this cartoon period of the 80's if I find something new I'll post it. I hope I do.

Mark Y

Screenwriter
Cool, thanks. Something tells me CB Bears aired on Cartoon Network and/or Boomerang some years back, but whichever channel it was, it was before I had it on my cable, so I only read about it. It might not have even been aired there as a series, might have only been a one-shot thing like part of the 2-hour Boomerang block on CN where they would show cartoons all from one year. Didn't they at one point have a show called "Look What We Found" or something, where they would show stuff like an episode of "The Gary Coleman Show?" I miss that. I remember a few years ago on April Fool's Day they ran an hour's worth of The Great Grape Ape, which they otherwise never show these days. I recorded it, then a year later, they did it again -- and they were the exact same cartoons they had aired the previous year. Oh well, I'm used to stuff like that now. I hardly even pay attention to the channel any more.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
I remember the CB Bears from when it originally aired but don't think I have seen any of it since then except for the Posse Impossible VHS release in the late 80's.
I would definitely get it if they released it. Since WA has been doing complete shows for the last year plus I would expect to see this as a complete show release if/when it is released.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks