What's new

Next Bond girl ideas (1 Viewer)

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Hmm, nice list going on here. Why not look at it in terms of good or bad Bond girls now.

Of all the names, for a good Bond girl, I like the choice of Monica Belluci or Kate Beckinsale. Although I think Monica could go either good or bad. Both can play the refined type.

I've not seen Roselyn Sanchez in anything, but that pic looks like she'd be a bad Bond girl.

Eva Habermann doesn't quite look right, too much of a 50's look about her. But I've not seen her work either.

I still like Gwyneth Paltrow as the good girl, she is refined and can do British.

Michelle Yeoh could come back, Brosnan did like working with her and why not, Felix Lieter is a recurring character.

Agreed non-name and non American actresses would be better suited to a Bond film, but it worked quite well for Diana Rigg. In fact they ought to remake On Her Majesty's Secret Service. I think also that a strong actress needs to play opposite Brosnan if it were done.

But this is just my 2 cents.

Al Shing

Stunt Coordinator
Not a Bond girl, but why not have Jackie Chan appear in a Bond film? He can play a Hong Kong Policeman who helps Bond out of a jam in HK.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I just noticed the discussion of Cate Blanchett. Maybe she has potential for a Bond film.

Didn't see if she was mentioned yet. Has the refined and intellegence quality.

JamieD

Supporting Actor
Jeri Ryan, Jennifer Garner, Cate Blanchett
I know, it's Bond, but still.. and these are all ;)

Jeri Ryan: Can't act all that well, and is actually sorta freaky looking in terms of the eyes.. Not very "sultry" which was something I've always associated with Bond Babes.

Jennifer Garner: See above, and just seems way too plain, even when she's dolled up, ala Catch Me If You Can

Cate Blanchett: Seems like she would be a great boss, or Female Agent as opposed to a traditional Bond Girl, though her penchant for "regal" type roles might have me leaning that way.. :)

I'd have to agree with the Monica Belucci suggestions.. she really seems like she could do well with it.

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
:emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: for Jennifer Garner but that seems a bit too easy. I doubt it would ever happen.

But...probably more likely to occur than a Gay bond.

Lyle_JP

Screenwriter
I like Keira VERY much, but she's DEFINITELY on the young side.
Claudine Auger, Daniela Bianchi, Jane Seymore, and Carole Boquet were all on the young side. The latter two mentioned were both 20+ years younger than Roger Moore. They were all memorable Bond Girls.

Enough of this "the girl has to be as tough as Bond" crap! I don't mind a woman holding her own, but Bond is supposed to be the best, and now Political Correctness dictates that he must be shown up at every turn by someone with estrogen, and it's gotten out of hand. With the exception of Michelle Yeoh (who you trully want to watch kick all sorts of ass), it just hasn't worked and has been a detriment to the series.

-Lyle J.P.

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
Oh, no. No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no.........NO.

Britney to become a Bond girl?

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I think that the thing Bond needs more than anything is a girl who can hold a gun and make it look like she knows what she's doing. Halle Berry looked like she didn't know what she was doing at all in Die Another Day, which really hurt the movie.

I think Knightley could really pull it off well enough to be a sort of wild badass, but Spears? No. Maybe if she's a lounge singer who gets kidnapped and killed early on...but that's it.

Marvin Richardson

Supporting Actor
Well, that's just great...if they cast Britney Spears as a Bond girl, even if she's only in a cameo, I won't watch it or any future James Bond movies. Why in the world would they want to put that no-talent sleaze bag in a Bond movie? Didn't they see how poorly received Madonna was in her little cameo in Die Another Day? The movie wasn't great as it was, but when Madonna showed up the movie just grinded to a halt.
Monica Belluci on the other hand would be very welcome.

Nate Anderson

Screenwriter
I think of Michelle Yeoh (who was also initially a dancer) as the female version of Jet Li, IMHO she made the scenes with Zhang Ziyi in CTHD. However, as she's already played a Bond girl I don't think we'll be seeing her in that role again.
Well, actually, she was supposed to be in Die Another Day, but apparently schedules got conflicted and the role was re-written for Jinx, and actually didn't turn out too bad. I really didn't mind Halle in Die Another Day...

Favorite is still Tomorrow Never Dies, though.

DougFND

Stunt Coordinator
I hate the Britney idea, too. However, she won't be the first to look good in tight clothes but not be able to act (cough, Denise Richards, cough).

If could pick my dream Bond girl, it would be Liz Hurley. But then again, Liz is my answer to most questions about picking a sexy woman. :) Too bad she already did Austin Powers.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I think Bellucci would be best. She can handle a gun like she knows how to use it, she's beautiful, she can act, and she foreign/exotic.

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
Monica Belluci on the other hand would be very welcome.
:emoji_thumbsup::emoji_thumbsup: I wouldn't mind if Bond got the R-treatment if she's in it...:D If not R for the theatrical release, director's cut for the DVD! :D

She was really underused in the Matrix sequels. This would be her moment to shine in front of a worldwide audience. But, that may happen beforehand, as she plays Mary Magdalene in The Passion of the Christ.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks