What's new

newsradio season 3 (1 Viewer)

Alex Wagner

Stunt Coordinator

no, it won't be on the fourth set. it was included on the season 1 and 2 set. they put it at the end of season 3 cause it was delayed from tv because it said penis in it.

Martin_C

Stunt Coordinator
Finally!

Maybe I'm reading too much into this. But since we are getting "only" 10 commentaries this season (as opposed to double the amount for the first set), I couldn't help but think, that they recorded Season 3 and Season 4 together. Maybe Season 4 is already in the pipeline and we won't have to wait another year.

JohnDMoore

Stunt Coordinator
I'd like that, Martin. I'd like that a lot.

But I'm just really, really happy about this. Can't wait to go through this season again. Some absolutely brilliant stuff.

MichaelGH

Stunt Coordinator
I'm glad that they've finally posted a date for S3. I think I've watched the S1/2 set about 3 times and another for the commentaries...definitely one of my favorite tv sets in my collection for rewatchability.

Now if only my other most watched set (Just Shoot Me) would come out with an S3 release (I know I know probably never happen).

Michael

Justin Bauer

Supporting Actor
They are going all out on these sets. Including "The Injury" in this set also just to please fans...I am not used to this.

That artwork is much better than the first set's. Does season 3 have the episode where Jimmy James fakes the balloon trip around the world?

The more I watch this show, the more I miss it. It was just amazing...ahead of its time alittle in my opinion. If it had come out 10 years later, it would probably be a huge hit.

I have showed my first set to many people who never saw the show and they all loved it.

I still wish they had renewed the show for a 6th season. The cast changes and whatnot would have been interesting and I remember reading that the creators had some ideas mapped out that they presented to the network. The show started to get into a groove again at the end of the 5th as the rest of the cast adapted to life without Phil Hartman.

JohnDMoore

Stunt Coordinator
Anyone who hasn't seen it should definitely check out NewsRadio and the Comedic Art.

This season featured Jimmy James' attempt at the White House as well as the brilliant Daydream episode. And like twenty-some other brilliant episodes.

This is pure speculation: I recall there being some discussion involving the first set wondering if they would show an "unedited" version of Injury on that release (as opposed to the cleaned up version that made it on air). Not that I think it's likely, but it would be pretty awesome if that version was on this release.

I'm also hoping we'll get to see the version of "Injury" that was broadcast in syndication with all of Bill and Dave's exchange regarding the "penis" fines ("Total?" "Per penis.") and Bill's final word on the subject.* What would be wonderful is if the April Fools' Day '98 "Pop-Up Video" version of "Our Fiftieth Episode" could be included. Heck, even having it redone as a subtitle option would be nice.

*Which was "penis."

Aaron Cooke

Second Unit
Does anyone remember what season the episode where dave has the relaxation/noise machine is? I'm pretty sure it's later than third but I don't know.

Can't wait and I'm glad that after the looooong delay in announcing this set, at least we don't have long to wait now. I really hope season 4 makes it out next year too.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Hey, there's a whole big Brazilian/Portugese neighborhood about three blocks away from where I live. If you've already got the tracks and room in the bit budget, why not?

David Bixenspan

Stunt Coordinator
Yeah, but it's JUST Portuguese subs. No English. No French. No Spanish. A Region 1 American release where the only subtitles are Portuguese.

Chet_F

Supporting Actor
Can't wait. I just love this show. All of the characters were great as well as having great chemistry with each other. What a great show. I ripped thru my first set in a week.

RyanAn

Screenwriter
Aaron,

Sorry to dissapoint, but the episode "Noise" was at the beginning of season 5.

Still plenty of good episodes though! :)

Ryan

Justin Bauer

Supporting Actor
Less than a week to go...this one is still on, right?

I think I would actually murder someone if it were to be delayed.

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Justin, reviews have popped up online the last couple days, and I got shipping confirmation on it yesterday from Digital Eyes, so it appears as if it's still on track for Tuesday. :emoji_thumbsup: Can't wait till it arrives.

Unfortunately, none of the reviews I've seen have mentioned the alternate, "pop up" version of Our 50th Episode so it doesn't look like it's included (unless it's a VERY well-hidden easter egg).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks