What's new

NewsRadio DELAYED! (1 Viewer)

Chet_F

Supporting Actor
Yes, this is excellent news for all of us. I just hope is does not take them too much time. Although it's not like I don't have enough to watch/rent/buy already. :D

Greg S

Supporting Actor
:frowning: Bummer about the delay!!

;) Great for the "possible" additional material!!

Greg

Joe Reinwald

Stunt Coordinator
I'll email this suggestion to the email address, but thought I'd include it here...

How about a "The many faces of..." bit for people like Jon Lovitz who played, if memory serves me, three different characters. Max Louis, obviously, after Phil passed away; Mike Johnson who was The Jumper in that episode; and "Fred" in the episode where Bill goes to the mental institution ("I was talking to the cigarette.").

Now that I think about it, though, I don't think other people played more than one character. Oh well.

I'd also love to see a sort of "Where are they now" type of thing.

-Joe

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
They HAVE to include some form of a tribute to Phil Hartman - even if it's just a montage of his best clips from the series.

But what would really be good would be a featurette/documentary with the cast and crew reminiscing about Bill, mixed with clips from the show. It would be even better if they could get some of his SNL co-stars to participate as well.

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
A Hartman featurette would be great, but not on the first set. It should be during the final season he appeared in.

Gord

JoeyNelson

Grip
Now that I think about it, though, I don't think other people played more than one character. Oh well.
I know David Cross played more than one character. In one episode he played Jimmy's magician nephew, and in the "Chock Full of Notes" episode he, Bob Odenkirk and Brian Posehn were the other members of Dave's acapella group from college.

Joe Reinwald

Stunt Coordinator

Ah yes, how silly of me, and I call myself a fan! Brian Posehn also played duo roles--the Chock episode, as well as the Super Monkey Death Car one.

Now that I check imdb, it looks like Bob Odenkirk played in the Chock, as well as "Dr. Smith" in the "Injury" episode, though I can't remember which episode that was.

So, maybe the featurette should be called "The Many Faces of Jon Lovitz and Those Chock Guys".

Gabe D

Senior HTF Member
Now that I check imdb, it looks like Bob Odenkirk played in the Chock, as well as "Dr. Smith" in the "Injury" episode, though I can't remember which episode that was.
That's the episode where Matthew is injured while goofing around with Joe, and he doesn't have health insurance. Dave and Lisa try to get workman's comp for Matthew. Bob Odenkirk played the doctor who treated Matthew at the hospital. "Injury" was made for the second season, but it was pulled due to Bill's repeated use of the word "penis." It finally aired during the summer after the third season.

Gabe D

Senior HTF Member
Also, there are several more actors who played more than one part on "NewsRadio." The more recognizable ones include David Anthony Higgins, Wallace Langham, Dave 'Gruber' Allen and Toby Huss.

Michael Young

Stunt Coordinator
Do we know of this letter to be factual information???

I was highly awaiting the release of this show on DVD, it would be my 1st TV show on DVD to own.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
Well, I was upset about the delay at first, but now I'm thrilled that they're going to make this more than just a barebones edition.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Any news on the release?

I was wondering if there may be issues with Phil Hartmans family? Do they need permission to release his likeness on video? With the late release of the Best of Phil Hartman (SNL), I wonder if this may have been an issue?

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
No, it's delayed because Paul Simms, the creator, is putting together a GOOD set, not the bare-bones release they were going to give us. There are DVDs released of dead people all the time.

Oh...no word either.

Gord

Aaron Cooke

Second Unit
I'm really hoping we hear something about the progress on these sometime soon. I was trying to wait but I broke down and started watching my VHS versions a few days ago. And as spring approaches I keep thinking to myself what fine cane weather it will be. :D

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
Maybe they could include some of the talk show appearances that the various cast members took part in during the shows run. I am thinking mostly of the Conan O'brien show just after the show got cancelled, and Foley turned up with a punkish haircut and tried to take a 3-D picture of Conan. It was strange and funny in a dry kind of way (mostly just because of the haircut).

I guess that particular extra would be best for the final season of the show (but who would buy THAT?).

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
Will, licensing that material can be extremely expensive. I'd love to see stuff like that, but the costs to license it just don't make sense when you look at how much material you get for the price.

Gord

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks