What's new

News Radio: 5/24/2005 (1 Viewer)

Justin Bauer

Supporting Actor
I loved looking at the back of the packaging to find out that I am getting the first and "Secon" season of the show. Come on Sony, get your shit in gear.

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
Haha, I totally missed that.

My favorite packaging screwup was NBC's Kingpin. It listed an aspect ratio of 178.1, and spelled interview "Interveiw."

Gord

Tory

-The Snappy Sneezer- -Red Huck-
Real Name
Tory
Circuit City, on the floor under a bundle of Chappele Show season 2, I found 1.

EricSunde

Stunt Coordinator
I am thrilled these finally made it out on DVD, and I cannot wait for Season 3 to be released. I was able to attend the taping of the episode "Arcade", and that experience cemented that series as an all time favorite for me. And it was a great episode, to boot.

In between scene set-ups, they held an audience talent show for fabulous prizes (T-Shirts, Mugs and the like). The cast members that were available judged, including Phil Hartman. My wife's (then girlfriend's) ear wiggling "talent" netted her a T-Shirt. The crew did a really good job of not letting the audience get bored, which can happen at tapings.

JohnDMoore

Stunt Coordinator
I've been enjoying the commentaries as well, almost done with the first disc. Enjoying the set over all. I've been waiting for this forever, it's here, and it's great.
I really hope speedy releases of the next 3 seasons are on their way. Now that I've tasted it, I want it all. Seasons 3 & 4 were television at its absolute finest.

Casey C.

Stunt Coordinator
Stopped in at Best Buy (Roseville MN) today and just for kicks looked for NewsRadio. Couldn't find it; inquired and was told that they were sold out -- not only at that store but all Best Buy stores in the Twin Cities area. (And Best Buy is based here, so we have lots of Best Buys.) He didn't even have to go look it up, they'd had many people asking about it. Told me to check back next week.

Not sure if that means sales are off the charts or Best Buy just ordered way too few.

They had row upon row of "Chappelle's Show" on the shelves though. :rolleyes

Justin Bauer

Supporting Actor
^^I hope that is a nice trend. After I finally found the set, I saw that I was not the first to grab one. There were 2 gone already and the store had been open for 10 mins.

Hopefully the sales will greenlight season 3 & 4 in the next year.

I can't wait for the day Gord posts here with the next set info.

JohnDMoore

Stunt Coordinator
I know I picked up one of the last 2 copies at the local "Circuit City" yesterday. Not sure of how well that means they're selling, but everybody selling out has to be some kind of good sign.

Put me on the list for wanting season 5 as well. The first and last episodes alone are worth it, but there's other great stuff in the middle as well.

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
My set arrived today. I've only watched the pilot so far, but look forward to watching quite a few more in the next couple days. Great to be able to watch this great show again. :)

One thing I was thinking about the other day, though. On one of NBC's airings of the 3rd season episode "Our Fiftieth Episode" (episode 48, according to epguides.com) they aired it as a "Pop-Up" episode (using pop-up bubbles with tidbits, a la VH1's hit "Pop-Up Video"). AFAIK that episode only aired with the pop-ups on one occasion (4/1/98, according to epguides.com). Knowing Sony's track record with their non-Seinfeld TV-on-DVD releases, I doubt they'll include both versions of the episode on the S3 set. Plus, there could be some rights issues since "Pop-Up Video" is owned by another company other than Sony.

EricSunde

Stunt Coordinator
Hopefully they can at least print the pop-up comments as a subtitle track like on the Seinfeld DVDs. It would be cool to have it in its original form, though.

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
I have gone through most of disc 1. What a great show this was. Great cast, great scripts, great directing. I am not as concerned about the packaging.

dan fritzen

Second Unit
Annoying, I cannot find this at BB or CC. CC online even says backordered. Why can't they have enough to meet demand?

I will have to get a raincheck from CC since they have the cheapest price.

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
Most of the music featured on the show was used for scene transitions.

Casey C.

Stunt Coordinator
My copy finally arrived from Amazon today! Better two days late than never.

I don't mind the slim packaging, although the blank space at the top of the cover makes the proportion seem off.

Now to watch the pilot...

andrew markworthy

Senior HTF Member
I really like the packaging - my shelves are already practically full to bursting point and anything that cuts down on space is welcome. In any case, if the show's as good as this, why do you want to look at the packaging?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks