What's new

News in HD??? (1 Viewer)

Jesus J

Auditioning
I was just watching the NBC news and noticed that the picture quality was UNBELIEVABLE when in the newsroom. I then switched to ABC news and the same thing occured.
I live in Chicago and was watching their local news broadcast. Does anyone know if they use HD cameras when doing the news in the newsroom?
Jesus J

Jesus J

Auditioning
It was a 16:9 image. The quality looked great!!
Also, I just finished watching Temptation Island and that looked GREAT also!!! Some of the commercials were in 16:9 but as soon as you got close to the show...black bars appeared on the side of the image and made it a 4:3 picture.
Jesus J

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
HEY! :)
Not to be a stickler, but how about answering some of these questions here on Home Theater Forum!
- Steve

Brian M Kuss

Auditioning
Oops! Sorry.
wink.gif

The consensus over at AVS was that while the news on WLS (and even WMAQ for that matter) looks really really good - it's not HD.
Brian
------------------
My HT Website | My Equipment List

Jesus J

Auditioning
Thanks for the response!!
Your right though....for not being HD the news looks REALLY good!!
Jesus J

Marque D

Stunt Coordinator
So does this particular NBC use analog cameras with 16X9 widescreen lenses? If so, why don't more stations around the country do this?

Brian M Kuss

Auditioning
I'm not sure what type of lenses/cameras they're using, but the images (on both WMAQ and WLS) look like 14:9 to me, not 16:9. On my widescreen Pro-610, the top and bottom of the image are always sliced off, which makes the news painful to watch (even though the picture is so good). Unfortunately I can't adjust the image because my set locks onto full mode with HD.
Brian
------------------
My HT Website | My Equipment List

Frank

Stunt Coordinator
If you think the news looks good in low definition NTSC television you must have low expectations. :)
I would also conjecture that you are sitting rather far back from your display. NTSC television never,ever looks awesome to me after having viewed HDTV for quite a while.
------------------
Frank...
Turn off the TV and read these books those in power DON'T want you to read...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks