What's new

NEWS: Diagnosis Murder (1 Viewer)

70sTVlover

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Nick
Straight from the horses mouth, I e-mailed Paramount about season 2 of Diagnosis Murder and got this response:

Diagnosis Murder Season 2 is on 6/12/07

Diagnisis Murder Season 3 is tentatively scheduled for 12/4/07

Wonderful news :D

marcSo

Stunt Coordinator
What is there email address I have a show that I would like to ask them about for a dvd release.? Thanks

Curt*K

Auditioning
70sTVlover

I emailed what you wrote to the guys at tsod and they said that the june date concurs with information that they have seen but the december date is to far off that it might change. which is understandable, dates change that far in advance all the time with tv dvds.

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
Wonderful news indeed. I never thought this show would get released at all and now we're looking at multiple seasons coming to retail.

As great as S1's set was, I was diappointed that the pilot movies weren't included. Hopefully they'll show up on one or both of these sets.

Steve

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
My copy of S2 is in the mail so I can't comment on the discs yet but I did see the set in store and want to send a big commendation to CBS/Paramount for being upfront about something.

There's a sticker on the back saying that the episode "Georgia on my Mind" has been edited and gives a revised running time which is 60 seconds less than the previously indicated time already pre-printed on the case. It wouldn't be a big reach in logic to state that the missing 60 seconds deals with an inability to license the song "Georgia on my Mind".

Obviously an uncut episode would be preferable but it isn't always possible. CBS went out of their way to specifically identify the episode and quantify the amount of missing footage instead of not mentioning it or burying it in small print.

Without seeing the episode in question my guess is that the end of the tag scene is what couldn't be cleared. Typically the show would end on a light hearted moment where Dick Van Dyke would occasionally perform a song.

Looking forward to receiving my copy.

Steve

70sTVlover

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Nick
Yeah, it doesn't look like it sold too well on Amazon, I hope they will release season 3 at the date stated above but who knows? At one point it was asked about a lot before it was on DVD?

cajunhillbilly

Screenwriter
Real Name
Willard
Any news for season 4 and following? Heck I can't even find a bootleg set of the remaining seasons anywhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks