What's new

News about Search TV series (1 Viewer)

Ian K McLachlan

Second Unit
Real Name
Ian Kenneth McLachlan
I can not find an old thread for this. But the news about this finally making it soon onto DVD is great news as far as I am concerned. One of my all time favourite American 70s shows. I know that it was very popular here in Britain.

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
For those who missed it,
TVShowsOnDVD reported this:http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Search-The-Complete-Series/19420And this was posted on YouTube By the Warner Archive Facebook pagehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00MrrKf7e2oBasically, after releasing the pilot Probe, the Archive is apparently close to releasing the entire 72-73 series which starred Hugh O'Brian, Tony Franciosa, Doug McClure, and Burgess Meredith.

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Additional information - I asked on the Archive FB page about the inclusion of the pilot "Probe".And their response was;"Probe is available as a separate release - as such it was not included in order to contain costs and maximize quality."

hypnohighball

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John Sayers
David Weicker said:
Additional information - I asked on the Archive FB page about the inclusion of the pilot "Probe".And their response was;"Probe is available as a separate release - as such it was not included in order to contain costs and maximize quality."
Good - that ticks me off when I've already bought it separately. :)

derosa

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Grant
Preview up now on YouTube. This looks good, i'm going to order this one.

DeWilson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Denny
There are two different versions of PROBE - the original TV Movie and then a re-edited version that leads into the series - with slighty different scenes and music.

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Well, that was quick.

My copies arrived today - Probe, and the Complete Series.Watched Probe tonight. Will do some binge watching soon.

Ian K McLachlan

Second Unit
Real Name
Ian Kenneth McLachlan
I am now more than halfway through the series now and I am enjoying it a great deal. I am amazed that it only lasted for one season as it was such a great show. Good leads, a fantastic performance from Burgess Meredith, fantastic music, great guest stars, lots of action. It seems rather fast paced for the time. The scripts are very good and there is quite a variety of different stories throughout the series. I always had very happy memories of this series and I am delighted to be given a chance of actually seeing them all. Has anyone else got any thoughts on this recently released DVD series? I thought that there might have been quite a few postings on it.

Ian K McLachlan

Second Unit
Real Name
Ian Kenneth McLachlan
I have now finished watching the series. I thought that there would have been more postings on it as I believe that the release has done well. I would really like to read about the history of this show. Why did they change Probe Headquarters part way through the series. Of the three probe agents Lockwood is my favourite but he is only in one episode where the new control room is featured. For some reason the second last episode features Lockwood but it obviously was filmed much earlier as it has the old control room in it. Does anyone know why that was? I particularly enjoyed the episode where Cam featured heavily in it. A very interesting episode. The one impression I get from the series is that a lot of money seems to have been spent on it. And unlike many action adventure series the actual episodes are very varied. There are often twists and turns in the story and often you are unsure as to how the episode will end. There are a number of great actors and actresses throughout the series playing guest roles. I knew that it was a series that I had really enjoyed at the time but having seen all the episodes I now realise why it made such an lasting impression on me.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation482
Recent bookmarks