What's new

Newbie w/ sub/speaker set-up + Audyssey (1 Viewer)

dajanes4

Auditioning
Real Name
David Janes
Hi all, Just purchased Denon AVR1612 and Definitive Tech PC600's.. Read in a manual that I have an option of powering my front LR speakers out of the sub. If I do this can I still run the Audyssey calibration program successfully. Should I just run speakers directly from receiver? Thanks

Al.Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Al
I'm not an Audessey expert, but I think not. During calibration the receiver tests the signal from each channel one at a time. Since the receiver won't know how to turn on a channel if it's connected to the sub, it can't calibrate it. I'm not 100% on this, but I believe you'll lose daily use flexibility (not just at set-up) by running the speakers from your sub - for instance, tone control, and depending on the receiver the ability to set the surrounds and rears to small. Unless you had a peculular wiring problem, I'd run the speakers through the receiver.

David Willow

Babbling Idiot
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Why run them from the sub? That configuration is only used if you don't have a receiver with internal crossovers. You will lose the ability to treat the sub as its own channel. Check out the Audyssey Guide in my signature for some good tips on getting the most out of your setup.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks