1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Newbie needs help/advice on cabling

Discussion in 'Beginners, General Questions' started by Mike_Hamnrye, Aug 27, 2003.

1. Mike_Hamnrye

Mike_Hamnrye Auditioning

I am a total newbie that doesn't know the difference between and ohm and a rock (information overload). I would like to know if I have the right idea or need direction. This is my setup:

DIY Screen - blackout cloth/GOO paint
    Sanyo PLV-Z1 - (1) component video (1) s-video(1) computer-in
    Onyko HTS760 - (2) Optical (1) Coaxial (3)s-video
    (2) component video
    Adelphia Digital Cable - s-video

(I am considering switching to Direct TV or Dish in near future)

Projector is ceiling mounted about 20 feet away from the receiver and other hardware. If I got it right I should run a component video cable and an s-video cable to the Onyko receiver. Do I understand that the receiver can then act as a switch rather than buying a component video switch? I need to hook up an X-Box preferably with the HD Pack, a progressive scan DVD player, the digital cable box. We also have a Game Cube to consider at some point. If buying a component video switch is the way to go for adding the Game Cube and/or satellite, etc. I am very willing to do that if needed. I would appreciate your help as I find all this cabling a bit confusing.