1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Newbie: Need advice on a Kenwood HT system

Discussion in 'Beginners, General Questions' started by Wes Savage, Aug 27, 2003.

1. Wes Savage

Wes Savage Member

Hey guys, I was referred to this forum for advice on a new HT system I want to purchase. Basically, I've got a Best Buy credit card with $350 to spend so I have to get it from Best Buy due to my financial limitations, (aka I'm a college student).

Anyway, I'm looking for something that will work well with my Xbox (which doubles as my DVD player). I recently bought a new 32" RCA TV that has a vport specifically designed for the xbox. Here's the current HT system I'm looking at: Kenwood 600-Watt Dolby Digital/DTS Home Theater System Model: HTB-206. I'd post a link but apparently I'm too new to do that.

I realize this probably isn't going to be the greatest HT system ever made... but we all have to start somewhere [​IMG] . Any advice you all can give would be much appreciated.

2. Kevinkall

Kevinkall Well-Known Member

I would pick it up. I started with a Kenwood HTB(can't remember the model #) and have since moved on. For the price I paid for mine($300)it did it's job well and lasted for a few years. I have since upgraded and moved my old system into my computer room/den. I think for it's price it's a good starter setup.

3. Wes Savage

Wes Savage Member

Thanks for the advice. I think I'm going to give it a shot.