What's new

Newbie Multiswitch Question (1 Viewer)

JerryCulp

Stunt Coordinator
Greetings,
I did try and search on several forums, I hope this has not discussed ad nausem before and I missed it.

I am trying look ahead so I don't get caught in the situation I am now, shelving equipment that I just bought.

I have a single 18" dual lnb dish hooked to a 3x4 multiswitch with 4 receivers. I want to hook up a fifth receiver and I now need a new multisiwtch.

Getting a 3x8 seems simple enough, but....

Looking down the road I may/will want HDTV on a couple of the sets. So that will mean a new dish with at least 4 lnbs? At that point I am thinking I will need yet another multiswitch.

So my questions are, should I get a 5x8 and will it work with just 2 lnb inputs instead of 4 ?

Thanks....

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
should I get a 5x8 and will it work with just 2 lnb inputs instead of 4
Any 5x8 switch will work with just the Sat-A inputs connected to it. Since you are planning on upgrading in the future you will need a cascadable switch. Terk makes the M-58 (I'm pretty sure that's the model), Eagle Aspen makes an affordable version (around $120) and Spaun makes an expensive model.

-Robert

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks