What's new

Newbie Hookup Question (1 Viewer)

Dave LaBrec

Auditioning
I am planning on getting an HTIB in the next couple weeks. I am looking at the Sony HT-DDW750 which is $299 at Walmart, Bestbuy etc...

My current equipment is an Apex 1500 DVD player, a Sony SAT-T60 Directv/Tivo Receiver, an older Toshiba VCR, and a Philips 27" TV. The TV only has a single RF cable jack.

I currently have my Directv Receiver going to my VCR then to an A/B switch box. I have the DVD player going to an RF converter and then to the same A/B switch box. I then have the cable going from the switch box to the TV.

I plan on replacing the TV with a new one with S video by the end of this year, but for now this TV will have to do.

My question is will this Sony receiver be able to handle these video inputs and have one coaxial cable coming out to the TV, allowing me to get rid of the RF converter and switch box?

Or due will I keep the video going to the TV the way I have it now and run the audio thru the Sony receiver and just mute the volume on the TV and listen thru the Sony receiver?

Or is there a better way to go in the $300 range? I also want to be able to hook up a playstation and possibly audio and video from my pc in the future.

The Sony HT-DDW750 has the following inputs/outputs:
Optical and coaxial digital audio inputs
2 pairs of analog audio inputs
3 audio/video inputs
1 pair of analog audio outputs
1 audio/video output
l composite video output (for TV)

Thanks

Bill_Wil

Stunt Coordinator
It's too bad that your TV only has the one cable input because you're definately losing picture quality running everything thru the RF converter istead of a direct S-Video connection. That will have to wait until the new TV. I think as far as the video connection go you might have to keep it all as it is now but you'll be able to run the audio through the receiver like you suggested. The only thing you might want to consider is checking out something like the onkyo HTIB instead of Sony. I only say this because the Onkyo has received better reviews.
Check it out here http://www.shoponkyo.com/catalog_det...60S&type=9&p=i
I just noticed that its $400 so that might be out of your budget but if its not check it out and compare to the Sony.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks